Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I seem to have an issue since the recent update where when the phone I in landscape mode and playing back my playlist, it freezes the app completely when I click on the song that's currently playing. is this just me or is it a bug? when I put the phone to portrait, it unfreezes but it's really annoying. thank you! 

20181026_121215.jpg
8 Replies

Hey @Ninotschka.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

In the meantime, could you provide us with the Spotify app version?

Also, are you experiencing this on any other devices?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hello Peter,

thank you for your reply. 

I have tried a clean install and the problem persists. 

The app version is 8.3.78.530

I do not have another device to hand but will be able to test it on a Galaxy S7 over the weekend.

Thank you,

Nina

Hey @Ninotschka.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

It seems that you app is out of date: the most recent version for Android is 8.4.78.

Could you make sure you download the app from this link?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Peter, 

Yes an update came out since I posted this originally and now it doesn't freeze anymore but the app, even though the phone is in landscape, switches to portrait when I click on the song. This is the same in the S9 and S7, even after a clean install.

Is this a known issue? 

Hi Peter, 

Sorry I just checked on the S9 again and it still freezes. So the above issue is only for the S7

Hey @Ninotschka.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm, is the screen freezing when switching to landscape mode on the S7 or on the S9?

Let us know 🙂

Hey @Ninotschka.

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hey Guido,

thank you very much for letting me know. I will contribute and hope it will be fixed soon.

Have a nice weekend,

Nina

Suggested posts