Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify goes "mute" after one song.

Solved!

Spotify goes "mute" after one song.

Does not happen on my pc and neither on my tablet, but whenever I play one of my playlists on my smartphone (android), the music kind of goes mute after each song. It doesn't stop playing and the settings themselves are not on mute, it's just that there's no sound coming out of the smartphone after the first song. Also happens when I play spotify over speakers with bluetooth. Already reinstalled it - nothing changed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Go into settings and turn on the crossfade feature. I put mine to 1 sec. and funny enough it solved my problem. My android tablet was stopping randomly also.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I have this problem too, but on my android tablet. Spotify will play a song (sometimes 2 or 3) then there will be no sound but the next track will be playing. When this track finishes it doesn't move onto the next track in the playlist as it should, just freezes.

I have Spotify premium and have been using the same setup for over a year with no problems. Only in the last few weeks has this started. I have reinstalled Spotify, completely reset the tablet and made sure all software is up to date, but with no success. It still happens...

Why??? It's driving me insane!

I have the same problem on both of my android phones. Both Galaxy S4. 

I've done factory resets on both. So being the same type of phone, being logged into the playstore, and accounts being made on the same computer, are the only similarities. 

And just like youv I've had the same set up for a year or two with no problems. Now it plays 2 or 3 songs then mutes. 

omg..seem like i am not alone !! i am using spotify on my sony NW-Z2 network walkman and has been on spotify premium for more than a year..recent few 2-3 updates has started to give me this issue.. how can i fix it? 😞
Marked as solution

Go into settings and turn on the crossfade feature. I put mine to 1 sec. and funny enough it solved my problem. My android tablet was stopping randomly also.

ah...i see...will try it later..thank you 🙂

@borealsounds wrote:

Thanks! I tried this and for the dozen or so songs I played there was no muting. Will give it a longer test later. Fingers crossed 🙂

The crossfade trick worked for me, thanks!

The crossfade trick works for me too, thanks a lot

@kshannon wrote:

@borealsounds wrote:

Thanks! I tried this and for the dozen or so songs I played there was no muting. Will give it a longer test later. Fingers crossed 🙂

guys....after yesterday update....

it seem like issue has making a come back and even the crossfade trick wouldnt work any more.... 😞

I noticed it came back too

it seem like spotify has hire bunch of lousy app designer who dont know how to solve the issue. 😞

if apple music have better compability on more devices..i will already cancel my spotify premium subscription..

Yeah, I'vd noticed the same thing. I thought these guys would've been on it
by now but apparently not.

There is an issue raised for this. Please can you continue discussions around this as well as including your device details here.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Premium-User-Play-stops-when-playlist-jumps-to-next-...

Thanks

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yes, I've had exactly the same issue. About 3 weeks ago suddenly on both my android devices the music gets stuck betwen songs. I saw this thread and it fixed the problem until yesterday. The crossfade fix no longer works for me either. I'm a premium member who's probably not going to be premium much longer if Spotify don't sort this problem. It should not be for us users to search forums to find fixes to problems that Spotify should be fixing themselves. Clrearly this problem has been around for weeks and the situation has got worse rather than better. The fact it happens to me on both my Samsung Galaxy and my Asus Tablet but not my laptop makes it clear to me this is a widespread Android specific problem. The current Spotify solution of pausing and unpausing is completely useless and dangerous because I mainly use Spotify offline in the car and it's not safe to grab your phone all the time to fix this incredibly annoying bug that Spotify's app designers seem to be incapable of sorting. My patience is wearing very thin.

Do they NOT try the blank blank "fix" aka update b4 they release it to us? Same friggin problem with playlist stalling/going mute & now crossfade doesn't help....so frustrating. itunes starting to look tempting.
-Carole
Gotta have My Spotify!

All these companies preach that time is money, well how about our time.
Are we nothing? It amounts to disrespect for their customers. Time to spend
our hard earned money else where.

Same here. Cannot listen to Playlists or Radio stations. Now stops every 2-5 songs & crossfade no longer works as a fix. Pardon me for shouting but this is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! My observations are that it's happening via Android devices. Seems to work fine thru bluetooth, PC & auto. I'm paying for a service that is not working. That makes me unhappy & is a waste of my hard earned $$. Just gimme back version prior to latest update...at least it worked. Ok, thanks for listening.
-Carole
Gotta have My Spotify!

me too

I have the exact same problem, any solutions ?

Suggested posts