Spotify goes "mute" after one song.

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify goes "mute" after one song.

Casual Listener

Does not happen on my pc and neither on my tablet, but whenever I play one of my playlists on my smartphone (android), the music kind of goes mute after each song. It doesn't stop playing and the settings themselves are not on mute, it's just that there's no sound coming out of the smartphone after the first song. Also happens when I play spotify over speakers with bluetooth. Already reinstalled it - nothing changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify goes "mute" after one song.

Regular

Go into settings and turn on the crossfade feature. I put mine to 1 sec. and funny enough it solved my problem. My android tablet was stopping randomly also.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have this problem too, but on my android tablet. Spotify will play a song (sometimes 2 or 3) then there will be no sound but the next track will be playing. When this track finishes it doesn't move onto the next track in the playlist as it should, just freezes.

I have Spotify premium and have been using the same setup for over a year with no problems. Only in the last few weeks has this started. I have reinstalled Spotify, completely reset the tablet and made sure all software is up to date, but with no success. It still happens...

Why??? It's driving me insane!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same problem on both of my android phones. Both Galaxy S4. 

I've done factory resets on both. So being the same type of phone, being logged into the playstore, and accounts being made on the same computer, are the only similarities. 

And just like youv I've had the same set up for a year or two with no problems. Now it plays 2 or 3 songs then mutes. 

Highlighted

Music Fan
omg..seem like i am not alone !! i am using spotify on my sony NW-Z2 network walkman and has been on spotify premium for more than a year..recent few 2-3 updates has started to give me this issue.. how can i fix it? 😞
Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

Go into settings and turn on the crossfade feature. I put mine to 1 sec. and funny enough it solved my problem. My android tablet was stopping randomly also.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Music Fan

ah...i see...will try it later..thank you 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

@borealsounds wrote:

Thanks! I tried this and for the dozen or so songs I played there was no muting. Will give it a longer test later. Fingers crossed 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

The crossfade trick worked for me, thanks!

Highlighted

The crossfade trick works for me too, thanks a lot

@kshannon wrote:

@borealsounds wrote:

Thanks! I tried this and for the dozen or so songs I played there was no muting. Will give it a longer test later. Fingers crossed 🙂

Highlighted

Music Fan

guys....after yesterday update....

it seem like issue has making a come back and even the crossfade trick wouldnt work any more.... 😞

SUGGESTED POSTS