Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Wiko

Operating System

Android

Hi there

I am having troubles with Spotify. Since a few weeks, app is very very slow when I try specially to go into my downloaded albums. The green circle keeps on rolling for a lot of time and it is desperating.

I cleaned the cache, and the phone was set to factory default (so app reinstalled) about one month ago, but nothing solved the problem.

If this keep on this way and I don´t get a solution I will start to think about using another premium streaming service.

7 Replies

i have the same problem in my s10+

I have the same problem on my moto g6!

I finally cancelled my Spotify Premium and moved to another streaming service. Tired of this.

same problem with my s10+ too

OnePlus 3T - Pressing tracks to play them is unresponsive and takes 3-4 tries for the play action to initiate.

Also, when clicking a playlist, artist, or album in my library there is a good 3-4 second delay now before showing the next screen.

Basically the app keeps hanging!

Not the sort of poor quality Android app I'd expect as part of a subscription service.

Agree. I have exoerienced that kind of lags, delays and hangings for a lof of time and it is enough. Erros can happen but a paid service must solve them fast. My own mp3 player for my phone works perfect, with a much better search tool.

Spotify is going a very bad way, Now I am using another stream service and it has bugs too, but I will give a chance.

Hey @CalvinCalvo,

Thanks for notifying us about this.

Let's do a clean reinstall (it's different than only reinstalling). Before that, disconnect all devices from your account here. 

Then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
  2. Select "Apps".
  3. Tap "Spotify" in the app list.
  4. Tap on "Storage> Clear Data" for a clean reinstallation.
  5. Tap Uninstall.
  6. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.

There is something else you could do to ensure your phone settings aren't slowing Spotify down. Go to:

• Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  • Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  • Last step - restart the phone.

Let us know if there's anyy improvement!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts