Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify hangs on Android (Motorola one power)

Solved!

Spotify hangs on Android (Motorola one power)

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Motorola one power

Operating System

Android v9

My Question or Issue

Spotify hangs and app shuts out automatically when I click on the song that is playing shown at the bottom half of screen (see attached snapshot)

Have seen this happen frequently

Screenshot_20190918-091500.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No worries @Chetanwalawalka - keep us posted!

In the meanwhile, if there's anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Do you mind trying a clean reinstall by following the instructions in this support article? 

If that doesn't work, could you try logging into another account on your device?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hi Peter

Thank you for the update

Just help me confirm that I will not lose all of the songs downloaded, liked or even my custom playlists that I have created while doing the clean reinstall

Regards,

Chetan

you will only lost the downloaded songs but the saved playlist and liked songs will stay on your account saved. base on my experience i just redownloaded all the songs on my playlist. hope this help. 

@Chetanwalawalka, - I can confirm that what @Oviiis said is correct 😉

Thanks guys... however I see two options when I tap storage and those are

1. Clear storage

2. Clear cache

But I don't see clear data

What do you want me to clear...storage or cache?

Appreciate your help in this!!!

Screenshot_20190921-154003.png

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

You can clear both (Storage is for offline songs, Cache are various stored settings).

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hi Peter

Thanks for your help

Have followed the steps for clean reinstall and will keep you posted after a few days of using Spotify. I have noticed this bug only about a month or so before that the app was running too smooth.

Have a wonderful day ahead.

Marked as solution

No worries @Chetanwalawalka - keep us posted!

In the meanwhile, if there's anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Peter/Katerina et all

Today again it happened...the app hanged up and song stopped when I clicked on the bar which displays the current song being played (just above the home and other icons)

I had done the clean reinstall on Monday. Let me know if any other solution or have you guys come across any such issues with Android users

Screenshot_20190926-173433.png

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you see if this issue occurs if you're logged into another account on the same device? That way we'll know if this issue is specific to your account or not.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hi Peter

I don't have another Spotify account to try the step you mentioned above. But I can have one to see and validate

I do have another Android phone, of a different make, whereby I can download the app and login from my current account to test. Will this help you with further troubleshooting? Let me know

Thanks

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Yes - that works too 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

PS I've edited your previous post and corrected it accordingly, as you requested in your other (now removed) post.

Just so you know, you can always edit your posts by clicking the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of every post you've made.

Suggested posts