Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify hangs on start and takes forever to load

Spotify hangs on start and takes forever to load

Hi,

I'm frustrated and at my wits end. I'm so desperate I'm starting a thread.

[Spotify] Search the Community

[Me] I gave up after scrolling ten nonsense pages in all kinds of languages I don't speak.

[Spotify] Basic troubleshooting

[Spotify] If your device contains an SD card, try removing it, etc.

[Me] I rule these errors out.

[Spotify] Report your issue

[Me]

Brief description of the issue:

There is no brief description. There are some behavioural schemes where the app does not respond. If I search for music, if I try to browse music. It loads and loads and never finishes. I can only start playing the current playlist I'm unable to play music from browsing or searching.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. First I start the app by clicking it. I am greeted by the start screen. The start screen shows a green circle indicating it is trying to load something.
  2. I wait until it finished loading. This takes usually half a minute or a minute.
  3. I browse my selected artists.
  4. I click on one artist. The green circle appears again. Ok. The screen goes dark.
  5. I click my home button.
  6. The screen stays dark.
  7. I nervously click all available buttons one after another or at the same time. i click the buttons for 1 second up to 30 seconds.
  8. The screens stays dark.
  9. After some minutes the "SAMSUNG" reboot logo appears. Spotify is not running and I can start all over.

Important to know:

I'm on Wi-Fi. I have a premium account. I used to have Samsung Galaxy S3 with these problems. Ok, pretty old phone, so I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S5. The issues are the same.The issue occurs 2 in 3 times when I start spotify app. I identify some triggers.

• wait for start screen finish loading
  • search someting
  • browse my artist list.

The consequences are the same. I am not able to start music playback. The screen turns dark. Usually my phone does a soft reboot.

What I suspect to be the issue is too many artists in my list. I have about 150 artists that I am following.

What steps you’ve tried already:

I reinstalled my spotify app. I cleared the cache. I logged my user account out and logged in again. I restarted my phone apparently. I had set a lot of songs selected for download but I unchecked the downloads.

Workaround

What I do most of the time to workaround the issue now is to start the spotify app and after that I start music from my computer (on the smartphone device). This is annoying but it works.

[Spotify] We’re sure that you’ll find the answer you’re looking for in our Community!

[Me] I don't want community support. I want qualified company support.

[Spotify] Buy Premium.

[Me] I did and I get a not working app and community support. I am not happy. I hope for the best but if the problem persists I have to cancel my subscription.

2 Replies

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Using Premium Family on a Samsung A3 (2016) facing the same issues. Several updates, but no cure. Still patient, but thinking about giving up my resistance against my family's demand for Amazon Prime! Please help!

Screenshot_20170324-204106.png

Suggested posts