Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify hardly works with any of my Chromecasts

Spotify hardly works with any of my Chromecasts

Connection to Chromecast takes ages and once connected there are frequent audio drops until it completely stops. Seems to me a problem of spotify servers failing to provide the chromecast with a continuous stream.

I have erased all data, removed the app and made a clean install on my Android without any change to the failing behaviour of Spotify on Chromecast.

I have two Chromecast and both work very well with streaming YouTube, mirroring Android screen, Google Chrome tab and whaterver other streaming app.

Only Spotify hardly works on either Chromecast.

To me Spotify is the root cause of the problem and I already canceled my Premium subscription as I don’t get the value for money that I was expecting.

3 Replies

I've been having the same problem as well during the last few weeks. Extremely annoying.

Me too! I'd say this problem started a few months ago. Before that Spotify and Chromecast worked perfectly. Now the sound drops all the time. My iPhone shows that the song is still playing, but the screen does not and there is no sound. It is worse if I try to skip a song, but it can happen at any time.

Spotify are **bleep** with Chromecast, i have three chromecast and i have so many problems getting it to work at a reasonatly level that i'm about to move my subcription to google in stead.

Suggested posts