Premium

Country

UK

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

I sort my playlist by recently added - it's by far the best way to sort playlists, since it means the top of your playlist is always the newest song you've added, and if you listen to your recent song you then get your 2nd most recent song, rather than a radio or the first ever song you added - that used to really annoy me, hence the change. My playlist is over 2000 songs long, and most importantly it has a lot of albums in it - I used to like clicking on a song in the playlist and the album would play through in full... in ORDER. All albums were sorted correctly - ie coming up with first album song at the top, even when sorted by recently added. However, in the last week (?) all the albums seem to have completely swapped order in my playlist - all the albums in the playlist have inverted so it now shows the last song on the album first. It completely messes up the appearance of the album. However, even MORE IMPORTANTLY - they don't even play in that order. Genuinely, the play order (in terms of songs on the album) goes completely mixed, though the same order each time. It could be something like (last, 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 4th, 6th). It literally makes no sense, and really ruins my listening experience. To be honest, it's completely f*cked the playlist I spent a few years building.

2 Replies

I have the same issue. I'm on android and I sort by artist. I think there is something wrong with the sorting feature because when I load a playlist the songs are grouped by artist but they're all out of order (like the first person said). When I look at the current sorting, (after I load a playlist) the artist sorting has a check mark when there should be an up or down arrow (screenshot). Changing the sorting to something different and back to artist changes it back to normal. However, if I change my screen orientation or if I load another playlist (I have the same problem on all of my playlists), it goes back to a check and the sorting gets messed up again. I would like to NOT have to change a playlist's sorting everytime I load just to find a song.

Capture+_2019-08-28-09-26-42[1].png
Capture+_2019-08-28-09-26-42[1].png

Hey @MouldyGoldie, welcome to the Community

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently introduced a new update to Your Library. Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

If you swipe down in playlists or albums sections you can still sort them by recently added.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Suggested posts