Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has disappeared from my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Spotify has disappeared from my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Plan - premium

Free/Premium - I have Premium

Country USA

Device, Samsung Galaxy S3

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System, Android

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Spotify has disappeared from my Samsung Galaxy S3.  My account is still active online, but the app has disappeared from my phone.

5 Replies

Hey, @eloisemeneses 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, on desktop, go here on Play Store, log in on your Google account and check if Spotify supports your device, operation system or settings. If everything is alright, try to command the download on your Galaxy S3 again.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Hezorg,

Thank you very much for your reply.  When I go to Google Play on my desktop, it says that Spotify is already installed.  I do not see where to check for compatibility with my android.  I have tried again to download the app to my android, and it gets an error message.  "Can't download."

Eloise

Actually, I have checked again and it clearly says, "This app is compatible with your device."  It also says that it is "Installed" which is why I can't reinstall it.  But it has disappeared from my phone, so I can't uninstall it to reinstall it.  Again, my account is active online through my computer, but my Samsung Galaxy S3 no longer has the app so I cannot use it.

Hey again, @eloisemeneses 

I'm so sorry for my delay...

Considering that the app is already installed in your device, but you cannot find it, are you using any kind of launcher app? Sometimes these launchers hide some apps from the user menu...

Just in case, I recommend that you follow these steps to find Spotify:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Apps
  3. Tap All Apps
  4. Find Spotify

The steps can vary over devices, but is something like that...

After find the app, I recommend that you uninstall the app and try to go to the Play Store and install it again.

Keep me posted!

All the best,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, but your help apparently worked.  I have Spotify back again, and am very happy to have it!!

Eloise

'

Suggested posts