Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has made playing music almost impossible - so why pay for it?

Spotify has made playing music almost impossible - so why pay for it?

So I  got a 3 month premium trial from Virgin Media. Happy days. I downloaded the app, logged in, did a search for a track, selected it and... where's the "Play" button?

Okay, so maybe its a bug in the app. So I loaded the browser version, logged in, searched for a track... well you can see where I'm going with this. There is simply no way to play music with Spotify anymore, unless you start a "radio" based on a playlist then it'll play as much music as you don't want to hear. Yes I did listen to Prefab Sprout aeons ago, so why does Spotify think that as a result I'll want to listen to Roxy Music, Spandau Ballet, Talk Talk or, strangely, ELO?

All I want to do is listen to some of the music I choose, not what Spotify thinks I should be listening to. But Spotify has made this impossible for me to do. So I doubt I'll be paying forit anytime soon. I don't have the same problems with Grooveshark.

1 Reply

Did you try double clicking on the track you wanted to play? Spotify is a bit baffling at first so shout if you need help anytime 🙂

Suggested posts