Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has unfortunately stopped

Solved!

Spotify has unfortunately stopped

I have a big problem with Spotify on my Android phone. I bought a new Android in June 2014 - Spotify worked perfectly. In September Spotify started to act weird. A pop up window with the text "Spotify has unfortunately stopped" started to appeared once in a while and every time it happend I had to close and restart Spotify. This became worse and worse and now I cant even open Spotify (wich I'm paying for every month..). 

I thought it was my new mobile that was the problem so I left in in for repair. I told them about the problem, they did a huge reset on my phone but when I got it back the problem remained. My Spotify account workes perfectly with no problems at all on my computer and other phones. 

This is what happens: Every time I try to open Spotify, a pop-up window appears with the text "Spotify has unfortunately stopped" . This pop-up window pops up like five times before I even had the time to press "ok" or "report". I have tried to reinstall Spotify several times, both before and after the resetof my phone and both with and without SD-card - don't work. This is the ONLY app on my phone that behaves this way.

I'm paying for Spotify Premium and I don't want to pay for something that doesn't work....

What is wrong??!

/Sanna 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok. Give this a try... Uninstall Spotify, remove sd card, install Spotify, start Spotify and login (still with sd card removed)

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi, what phone, Android Version and Spotify version are you using?

Android Troubleshooting:

I have a Sony Xperia Z1 compact. Android-version 4.4.4. Don't know wich Spotify version.. Think I have the latest version. 

Marked as solution

Ok. Give this a try... Uninstall Spotify, remove sd card, install Spotify, start Spotify and login (still with sd card removed)

Android Troubleshooting:

Awesome, it worked!! Thank you 🙂

Great. I think they're may be an issue with your cake on the sd card. Can you read the clean install guide linked in my signature and if should give you tips on how to remove the folders from the sd card to give you a completely clean install.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts