Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung galaxy s22

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

I just got a new s22. When I am playing music on Spotify the icon does not show on the status bar (where time, Bluetooth, battery etc show). It shows on the notification panel when I swipe down and on the lock screen as well.

If I am playing Spotify and on a different app on my phone, there is no way for me to see that automatically unless I randomly check the notification panel.

0n my previous phone, galaxy s9, the icon would show on the status bar whenever music was playing. 

6 Replies

Hi there @cariboucool 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • Did this ever work on the new phone or did it start when you switched to it?
  • Is this on all devices or only on this one?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am using version 8.8.6.472.

It has never worked on this phone and I just checked and it does not work on my A8 tablet either.

In the two attachments, music is playing but the top status bar does not show Spotify playing until I swipe down for the notification panel. 

Screenshot_20230204_123419_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20230204_134207_Chrome.jpg

Hey @cariboucool,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

According to the info you've shared, this looks like an expected behavior. Keep in mind that we're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment, but we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue with a brand new s23.  I was considering upgrading to a paid Spotify account, but not anymore.  The icon not appearing in the status bar is a deal breaker as it adds unnecessary steps and confusion.  If it wasn't broke, why did y'all "fix" it?

How is this nonsensical change making "Spotify better overall"? Really, I need to know. For progeny. 

I'm having the same issue but I'm facing the same problem with my YouTube app. It's not showing up on the status bar

Suggested posts