Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in South Africa on a Dutch device

Solved!

Spotify in South Africa on a Dutch device

Dear Spotify,

I am a Dutch women (with a premium spotify account), who currently lives in South Africa. My phone got recently stolen and I have (luckily) now a new one. It is a Dutch registered device (Android system) and would really love to use my Spotify account, but my Google Play Store tells my that Spotify is not available. 

How can I solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Imke

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify isn't available in SA so the app can't be installed from Play store. You can either use a free VPN to download from Play or download the .apk from Spotify here. You'll need to turn on the "unknown sources" permission in android settings to install the .apk.

Note that spotify will not update automatically if you install the .apk so using a VPN to download from Play is the tidier solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Spotify isn't available in SA so the app can't be installed from Play store. You can either use a free VPN to download from Play or download the .apk from Spotify here. You'll need to turn on the "unknown sources" permission in android settings to install the .apk.

Note that spotify will not update automatically if you install the .apk so using a VPN to download from Play is the tidier solution.

Suggested posts