Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify info not displaying on car stereo for MONTHS.

Solved!

Spotify info not displaying on car stereo for MONTHS.

Hello, 

I'm a Spotify Premium member and I was very excited to get a bluetooth Kenwood stereo system installed in my car over the summer, so that I could control Spotify and listen to my music easily (I used to have to fiddle with my phone while driving, which was obviously dangerous). It worked great for the most part - on occasion, I would have trouble getting Spotify to connect, but I always managed after an occasional reset.

However, a few months ago (maybe around Thanksgiving?) information stopped displaying on the Spotify setting of my radio. The music plays, but no song title/artist/etc. info appears, and I cannot use my steering wheel buttons to control the music anymore. It works well on the bluetooth setting, so I don't think it's the radio or my phone, and I'm hoping to get this fixed because the bluetooth radio setting doesn't have the same functionality. 

I've searched high and low for a solution and none have worked for me - fiddling with the stereo settings, cleaing cache and data, fiddling with Spotify settings/app permission/phone settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the app entirely, etc. 

Here's some info:

- I have a Samsung S7 running Android 8, Samsung Experience version 9. 

- I have the most up-to-date version of Spotify that seems to be available to me (Version 8.4.91.861)

- I have all permissions turned to "on" under my Spotify app settings. 

- I have "Car view" turned on.

- I have "Device Broadcast Status" turned on. 

Someone please help - at my wit's end!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Not sure if anyone is still having these problems, but if you are, there is a reason for it. I just converted from a Samsung phone (Android) to the new iPhone 11. When I connected my iPhone 11 to my car's bluetooth, I lost the ability to display song information in my car. I searched and searched for a remedy but could not find one so I contacted Spotify directly. I was informed by Spotify that certain cars (year, make, model) are no longer supported by Spotify (my vehicle is a 2015), and thus, song information will not display in some cars. If you are still having this issue with a vehicle that is still supported by Spotify, try clearing your phone's Spotify cache, sign out of Spotify and sign back in, then reconnect to your car's bluetooth. That is what worked for me in a "newer" vehicle. 

View solution in original post

75 Replies

Same with me,

kenwood ddx4018bt installed ,

iphone xr . 

8.4.94.812 spotify version

at first all was fine ,then a week ago i couldnt select or change music on the headunit. As soon as I changed the song or hit play on the actual phone it came back.(annoying)

now it just seems to pause or dropout on the headunit.

headunit has spotify app and bluetooth audio,tried both still does same thing

Same here. Upgraded from iPhone 7s to a Xs Max last January. Spotify was working fine with my 7s. But with Xs, the titles were not showing on the car radio. I used/am using an iPhone cable to connect my phone to the car stereo. 

I solved my problem today! I added some songs to my Music Library last night and when I connected my phone via a USB connector to my car’s stereo this morning, voila! The titles from Spotify appeared! 🙂

I had the same problem with my Xiaomi A2 lite with android 9. In both of my cars the it workt well but the songs are not displayed, after I chanced the blue tooth settings in developer settings it workt well.

In developer settings, you first have to activate this:
Head over to the Settings app of your device via the notification shade or app drawer.
Scroll all the way down and tap on 'About phone.'
Find an entry labelled 'Build number.' Keep on tapping until you see a prompt that says 'You are now a developer

Then I chanced the BLUETOOTH AVRCP version in AVRP 1.3 (from 1.4)
Marked as solution

Not sure if anyone is still having these problems, but if you are, there is a reason for it. I just converted from a Samsung phone (Android) to the new iPhone 11. When I connected my iPhone 11 to my car's bluetooth, I lost the ability to display song information in my car. I searched and searched for a remedy but could not find one so I contacted Spotify directly. I was informed by Spotify that certain cars (year, make, model) are no longer supported by Spotify (my vehicle is a 2015), and thus, song information will not display in some cars. If you are still having this issue with a vehicle that is still supported by Spotify, try clearing your phone's Spotify cache, sign out of Spotify and sign back in, then reconnect to your car's bluetooth. That is what worked for me in a "newer" vehicle. 

Hi
I have an iPhone 8, this works temporarily then reverts to no song info or song time...
Any other solutions since this?
Thanks

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. Let us know if you're still experiencing this issue. We'll investigate this further.

@gshot23 It's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. It's also important that the firmware is up-to-date on both devices.

If the issue persists, you can send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find u.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

So I followed all the steps & did a clean reinstall, it worked for couple hours then reverted back to freezing, no song info or time… I have exhausted all options, not sure what else there is to try resolve this issue… I tried to video it but the camera cuts out the bluetooth connection…

Hi there @gshot23,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to connect your phone to the car system using a cable and check if that works?

Keep us in the loop. Cheers.

AlexModerator

Yes when I connect via USB everything works 100%

Hi again @gshot23,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Since everything works fine after a clean reinstall for a short period of time, this makes me think that there might be an issue with the app cache and the way the app is sending the metadata of songs over Bluetooth.

Can you ask a friend to log in with their account on your phone or create a new free account with another email address, so that we can test is another account behaves the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

This just started happening! Same as some others. Spotify info not displaying on car stereo. Also cannot use steering wheel buttons to forward etc.  I have a Pixel. What can I try? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still not working. My daughters Iphone works fine. This is very annoying! Thank yiu

Hey @Kelbog,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to check for any firmware updates for your cars infotainment system system and your smartphone. That way you can make use of all fixes and improvements that are released.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

Hi! Yes. I have tried the clean reinstall a couple of times per the
instructions. Checked my stereo to make sure firmware up to date.
Still not working ☹️. It was working last week! Which makes it confusing
and irritating. Is there anything else I can do?? Is it my car? Spotify?
Why would my daughter spotify on iphone work? I've read that some have
downloaded a prior version of spotify but I'm afraid to do that!?

Please help ☹️ see picture.

Hi @Kelbog

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device to see if the issue persists?

Additionally, we're unable to see the picture you mentioned. Would you mind attaching it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor? This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

1. Ok. I tried logging into another spotify account with my phone and no luck. No spotify on display. ☹️ Could it be my phone? Why all of a sudden?  This same phone used to log separately on my phone works when logged in on their phone to my car stereo. It is an iphone...

Hi again @Kelbog

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you send over your phone's exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running?

Also, let us know if this started to happen after a certain event, such as updating the app, the OS or if it started randomly.

We'll investigate further. Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi again.

Android version 11 and Spotify version 8.5.93.445

I have to say started randomly. I don't recall anything other than that. I've just always been able to see spotify on radio screen and always been able to use the steering wheel controls.

☹️

Addl info...I just loaded spotify onto my husband's phone. Moto Z , OS Android 8. Logged on to my account and I am able to see spotify on the display in my car....?? So leads me to believe it is my phone, OS, ? Something like that??

Suggested posts