Announcements

Spotify insists it's offline, stops playing radio.

Re: Spotify insists it's offline, stops playing radio.

ryalyn
Casual Listener

I'm having this exact same problem on an Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 running 4.2.2 and have tried all the same things including the stuff in the post recommended by .   The last few times I saw it happen it looks like it was trying to play an ad that did not work. 

Has anyone resolved this yet?  It keeps coming back as an issue for me over and over.  It's terribly annoying and sometimes it messes up my device enough where I cannot get my playlist to play back.  Instead I get playback of one song at a time and have to keep going back in to restart it unless I clear the cache and start over.  This can happen several times a day for me.

foremans_dog

I am having this exact problem with my Nexus 7. Playback stops after almost every song. At most I can listen to about 4 songs in a row before playback stops, always after a song has ended. The small gray bar saying "No internet connection" pops up, then goes away, then I have to tap to restart what I was listening to. Would love to know if there is a fix for this.

Caprico
Casual Listener

I've exact the same problem. Same phone, same situations. Does exist there any solution? 
It makes no sense to pay for premium if the app runs just half. 

lifeblack
Regular

Since I originally posted, the problem has come and gone to some degree.  At its worst, it happens after every song, and there have been times where it would go for an hour or more before quitting.  Clearing spotify's cache (from within the app) and logging back in seems to temporarily help - it would go from quitting every song to lasting what seemed like an avg of 10 or so.

I'm going on a limb and speculating here... I have no way to verify any of my speculations, but maybe somebody else who's reading this has the ability to.

1. I wonder whether the issue might be due to a login conflict between the facebook app and the spotify app. ( I have a facebook login to spotify.)  I had experimented with rebooting my phone and force-stopping facebook's processes before logging into spotify, and things seemed to work better (although this was not ideal, because sooner or later I'd check email, see something happen on facebook where I'd log in, etc. and the problem would seemingly get worse)

2. I am speculating whether 3g/4g network connections are always up, or whether the phone reconnects every minute or so if there's no data being transmitted.  If my phone takes a while to bring up a network connection in order to serve up an ad (or maybe if the ad server is slow), then it might well detect a network connection problem.  An argument against the network up/down status is that I have seen this problem _while_ websurfing on my phone.  Still, it seems to happen more often while the phone's screen is off.  Is there a way to lengthen the amount of time spotify waits to see if it's got a network connection?

ryalyn
Casual Listener

I don't think either of those are causing the issue, at least not for me.  I don't use my Facebook login for Spotify (in fact, I purposefully kept them separate to keep from spamming my friends) and I rarely ever visit Facebook on my tablet.   Also, my tablet does not and cannot use the 3G/4G network.  It always uses my home and work network wifi and I'm not out of range when I use the app.  In fact, I'm within 2 yards of a router nearly all the time.

Caprico
Casual Listener

Is it possible that using spotify in browser (IE, Chrome.. Firefox?) could bringing some troubles?

I would say no, but even I use it also on my chrome at work, this problem has started.
It's confusing because spotify says I've no connection but I can surf in the internet without any problems. Every other app is connected.

SUGGESTED POSTS