Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is Top 5 Performance-Draining App, Top 3 Storage eater on Android

Did you guys notice this? http://www.cnet.com/news/whats-killing-your-battery-androids-top-10-performance-sapping-apps/

Is this something that will be dealt with or can be dealt with?

3 Replies

Not surprised. SPotify downlaods and saves a lot of data...

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Storage.... Well that's your cache and offline apps. If you want to listen to music you need this, so that should be a given. Spotify and Plex are my main storage eaters, but that's because i store stuff offline.

For cpu. It shouldn't be too much. But things like notifications and connect run in the background. You can disable notifications in Spotify seems to save a little bit of cpu. Connect can be disabled, but only if rooted.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm not surprised either. Of course it's a "storage eater" but since I'm using Spotify I deleted my entire music library from my phone which always used the biggest amount of storage.

I never had problems with the perfomance of my phone in general when running Spotify in the background, but Spotify itself is quite slow and laggy on my 4-year-old iPhone. It's definitely something I wish to be fixed in the feature, even if the app runs smoothly on newest devices.

Suggested posts