Spotify is auto shuffling through alexa app

1 person liked this

Re: Spotify is auto shuffling through alexa app

justintoth

They don't really want you to submit this as an Idea, they're just giving you the run around. There actually was an Idea posted about this very issue before they posted suggesting to submit it as an Idea. Someone responded to that original Idea that it's a bug, not an idea, so they shouldn't use the Ideas section for it. The original Idea was closed.

Rant aside, I'm with the others. It's absolutely idiotic that a Shuffle on/off setting wouldn't "stick" between music sessions. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to listen to an artist and then just given up and shut it off, because it's playing random songs that I've never heard of. I'm switching to Amazon Music, as it is the same price and doesn't have this issue.

dnw78
Regular

For everyone adding likes to these posts or reading this thread, please vote for the “idea” to reverse this change (that was never voted to be changed in the first place, it used to work perfectly)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Alexa-Stop-auto-shuffling-songs-when-you-request-an-arti...

Or better still move to Amazon Music or soon Apple Music

JOxley

This is not the case for me. My favorite album is "The Stranger" by Billy Joel and anytime I ask Alexa to play the album, it shuffles it instead of playing "Movin' Out (Brian's Song)," which is track 1.

Highlighted
3 people liked this

davidlbatey
Casual Listener

It should default to playing the popular songs when you choose an artist and then shuffle if you request it. The very least they should add an alexa command

"Play popular songs by Oasis"

Right now, it's a disaster and the latest changes have made it even worse. It used to start with the popular song and then shuffle so you could catch it before it started shuffling. Now you can't even do that. It starts in a random location/song so there's no way that I know of to listen to the popular songs.

1 person liked this

moonwatcher2001

When I want to listen to a specific album I want to hear that album in the order the tracks are on that album. Not shuffled at all. If I want them to be shuffled or a "popular mix" I should be able to request that from Alexa via my Echo Dot for a specific artist. The DEFAULT setting for Alexa should be to play an album as it was released with the tracks in the proper order as chosen by the artist, producer, or engineer.

2 people liked this

BorgUK1of9
Regular

Heres an idea, change this to what WE all want, no shuffling (I have premium family) just the albums in order or the top artists songs first.

Otherwise I might as well go over to Amazon Music which I will pay a lot less for a as a Prime Member.

If you dont intend to fix this please let us know so we can start cancelling our subs.

1 person liked this

BorgUK1of9
Regular

I didnt post for a little rant, this is a Spotify breaking issue for the millions of us that use it via Amazon Alexa products.

Can we get a moderator response please on whether this issue is going to be corrected or not as using Spotfiy via Alexa is worthless.

Having to state each specific song each time for each artist is really really fecking annoying.

vladacr
Casual Listener

Premium family member and a fresh owner of several Echo dots. The auto shuffling is so annoying and stupid, that if it's not fixed in few weeks time, I'll cancel my subscription. There is always Amazon Premium after all. 

Christos1985
Casual Listener
Iv come to the conclusion they wont fix it or cant fix unless they scrap
shuffle voice command.

BorgUK1of9
Regular

I think by the lack of response from Spotify Moderators your probably right. The only way to get round it is to play off an phone or pad which sort of defeats the point of owning Echos.

I will look into Amazon music for family.

SUGGESTED POSTS