Spotify is auto shuffling through alexa app

Re: Spotify is auto shuffling through alexa app

lsura
Regular

I can't believe this is still a problem they won't address. 

1 person liked this

dnw78
Regular

Well, I’m gone. Amazon Music works brilliantly not only by playing popular tracks by artists but by being able to play genres, find songs by lyrics, year or decade released.. I couldn’t go back now! 

Oh and and as a Prime subscriber (like most of the world) it’s cheaper too. 

Sucsh a shame. Spotify used to be a Product company. 

1 person liked this

lsura
Regular

I think I'm going to sign up for an Amazon Music trial today. Spotify's usefulness has faded away. 

tristard

I come from Amazon Music. One Week on spotify and I am going back to Amazon now. Shuffeling Chapters of Audiobooks, how stupid is that?! Chapter 13, Chapter 2, Chapter 21...

Spotify CS: "ah sorry, not enough votes for a change"

Sorry too Spotify, if you need votes to change a that obvious issue. *facepalm*

1 person liked this

lions1

This is absurd. Ok so if I ask for an artist, yes, I can understand that a random selection of tunes from that artist makes sense. Fine.

But then asking for a specific album. Can you name one possible user journey where someone asks for an album and wants to hear the album in a random order? This is kind of amazingly poor levels of UX.

1 person liked this

stopalexshuffle
Visitor

Tech companies like Spotify employ lots of bright young things but clearly none are reading these posts closely.  What is also clear is that Spotify employees are not using Spotify through Alexa themseleves.  Otherwise, they would surely know how incredibly annoying it is to be forced to listen to an artist's B-side tracks constantly and this ridiculous forced shuffle siuation would have been rectified.

Before the change to forced shuffle, there were a few lone voices moaning about hearing an artists's most popular songs everytime Alexa played an artist via Spotify.  However, it only takes seconds to see that those lone voices are far outweighed by the many many voices critisicing the enforced shuffling of songs which now occurs when using Spotify via Alexa.  

If Spotify doesnt listen up, they will lose market share to Amazon and Apple music.  I am switching to Apple home pod and Apple music when I move home in a couple of months.  Spotify are clearly not listening or cannot control Amazon so one can only vote with one's feet.  Bye bye spotify x

Highlighted

lsura
Regular

Exactly. I posted several weeks ago about the shuffle button being grayed out on mobile. They replied that "the right folks" are looking into it. I have to assume the wrong folks are working on it considering the button is still grayed out. 

Gatoruk
Casual Listener

Just went onto Spotify help to ask the question and here is the response:

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We can't say if or when any specific features will be back, but as soon as we’ve got anything to announce we’ll let everyone know over on the Spotify Community at http://community.spotify.com/.

Gatoruk
Casual Listener

Another update:

Thank you for waiting. Since the post has already reached more that 100 votes, this might be considered in our future updates :)

Gatoruk
Casual Listener

Attached the last few comments of my chat.

folks it seems that Spotify is unwilling or unable to reverse this change so as much as I hate to do this I will start looking at changing over to Amazon.

3 Years I have been with Spotify! What a disappointment!

D8172753-C3D9-48BF-9B98-2682A5D1A248.png
B7582191-104F-4383-AEA0-CC0A7C96E2DA.png
SUGGESTED POSTS