Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is autoplaying random playlists every morning?

Spotify is autoplaying random playlists every morning?

Plan: Premium

Device: galaxy 8

My Question or Issue

So for the last week or so every morning my Spotify has chosen to start playing a random morning playlist around when I wake up. I am not subscribed to any of these and I don't want them autoplaying! Recents include Mozart for morning coffee, amnesty Don (several times), Sunday morning running workout session, relaxing morning jazz, etc. They are bloating my recently listened and I'm sick of having to switch them off every morning. I also use the app sleep with android with a setting that shuffles my most recently played Spotify playlist for my alarm, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that- but I've been using that feature for years without issue and it seems to still be playing the alarm song from my own music only now its switching immediately after to one of these random playlists. I can't find a setting in either app that would turn this new annoying thing off short of (supposedly, haven't actually tried this yet) reverting my alarms to a generic preloaded noise, which I'd really rather not do since waking up to a random song from my own playlists is the whole reason I use the sleep with android app. I haven't seen any other posts about this problem, but maybe someone can help? Thank you

9 Replies

Hey @thenderson1, welcome to the Community!

How long has this been going on for? Did it start happening after an app or OS update? If you haven't already done so, try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

You can also try reinstalling the 3rd party app you have to see if it makes a difference.

Also, does this happen when you're listening to music that wasn't triggered to play through the 3rd party app?

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, I have the same problem but it also happens on weekends when the alarm clock app is not on.

Can anyone please tell me how to undo this?

Thank you, 

Camille 

Hey @CLMVDV.

If you notice changes and music played on your Spotify automatically without your permission, someone could have access to your account.

In this case, please check out the FAQ page here, for the next steps we'd recommend taking.

Fingers crossed this'll keep it from happening again.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I'm also having this exact issue and the exact playlists you mentioned are also playing for me. If I listen to music the night before, my morning alarm will be a random playlist I've never heard of. I would like to add that my music and playlists under my account have not changed.  The only thing that is changing is what is being played. The songs are not being added to my music. If I go in and change the playlist before the alarm rings in the morning to test the problem, my own music plays. Obviously, this defeats the purpose of having my own music play to wake me up. Hoping for a solution. 

I stopped having this problem after updating the Android alarm app!

Been getting same for last month. Fixed min this week Sept'22 by disabling spotify in Bixby toutines / file and media permissions

Same issue. It's like they are trying to force feed me their awful morning playlist that has been curated by someone who only eats candy corn and drinks jolt. Make it stop. 

Solved for me on my Samsung by searching for Bixby Routines in Settings and deleting the Wakeup Morning routine.

It's bixby! Glad i read this, every night I had a sleep playlist play through my phone at 9.49pm I couldn't work out how to stop it,  even having to take the spotify app off my phone for a while.  Just read this thread and noticed I have a bixby sleep routine set up.  I don't ever remember setting this up,  but I've deleted it now and think that'll be the answer!  Thank you

Suggested posts