Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is totally unresponsive with data moved to SD card

Spotify is totally unresponsive with data moved to SD card

Is it even possible to move data to SD card without having some real issues with the speed and responsiveness of the app? I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with a reasonably fast Samsung MicroSDXC 256GB EVO (read: 100 MB/s, write: 90 MB/s) and i tried moving all songs to external storage, as Spotify app offers to choose, but after finishing this process is the app literally unusable. It takes ages to load the app. When it finally launches, trying to tap on anything adds more waiting time to it. I've tried to clear cache, reinstalling app, clear device cache on and on and on but it never helped me.

1 Reply

Hey there @qnghuy

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app. However, we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue? You can attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor or you can send a link to it, just make sure to exclude any personal info from the video. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts