Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify jumping songs when being paused

Spotify jumping songs when being paused

When playing an album and the music is paused I expect that Spotify just keep on and play the rest of the album when I push play again but instead Spotify jumps over the song that follows the one that was played when I did push pause. For example if I push pause during song #3 on an album Spotify will finish playing song #3 when starting again but instead of playing song #4 afterwards it jumps to song #5.
6 Replies

That sounds weird. Are you resuming play using the on-screen controls or a headset remote or something else? Could you post a little more information:

• Device model
  • Android version
  • Spotify version

Thanks.

I'm just using the controls in the app, no headset controls.
Device: Sony Xperia Z2, D6503.
Android version: 6.0.1
Spotify version: 7.5.0.1076

Could you see if anything shows in the play queue by pausing the playing song from the play queue view then unpausing it?

No, the que looks normal. But now when I tried to force the problem it works fine. I will try again tomorrow as the problem has occurred on my way home from work. Maybe it has something to do with how long the pause is.

OK, let's see if it comes back. The play queue would be interesting if it starts happening again.

The problem is still there and it seems to happen after longer pauses. For example if I pause the music when I get to work and then resume when going home. Like you suspected the song is gone in the playlist as well.

Suggested posts