Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify just finished downloading HUNDREDS of songs I didn't ask it to.

Spotify just finished downloading HUNDREDS of songs I didn't ask it to.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device 

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Spotify has just finished downloading HUNDREDS of songs I didn't ask it to. Over 300. I restarted the phone in a panic trying to stop it but when I rebooted it just started all over again. When I clicked on the notification in my app drawer it took me into Spotify but not to anything related to the download. I couldn't find it or stop it. I still have NO Idea what downloaded. You need to fix this bug asap. There has to be a failsafe! Not being able to figure out what's downloading or cancel a download in progress is absolutely ridiculous! Especially that kind of huge download. Will someone please tell me where to find where this download would be listed? 

Screenshot_20180902-222202_Spotify.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @slowepiphanies,

The tracks that the app downloaded are likely to be tracks you already had downloaded that became unsynced. This means they've been removed from your device and then the app tries to download them again. You can check out the ‘Downloads unexpectedly removed’ section of this support article for more info. 

If you need to stop this in the future, you can quickly head to your settings and set the app to 'Offline Mode'.

If you have any other questions, just shout.

/T

There is no support article at the link you provided.

Hi!

You can find the support article from HERE

Suggested posts