Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Operating System

Android Q. One UI 2.0

My Question or Issue
I have few Sonos speakers and I connected them with Spotify through Sonos app. Last night when I was away from Sonos speakers, I connected my Bluetooth headphones with the my phones to listen some songs in Spotify but the Spotify app was keep changing the devices to Sonos in the middle of the song by itself. I restarted the app but it didn't solve the issue. I also have the issue that I can't play the songs from my Spotify app to Sonos directly but I had to use the Spotify plugin in Sonos app which makes it even more ironic that Spotify app was trying to connect itself to Sonos when I am not able to do it myself. So it seems to me there is clearly an issue with the app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify keep changing the devices

Casual Listener
It fixed somehow itself without me reinstalling anything.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hey there @tahahassan

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Sonos apps? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones.

It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. This is important when solving issues like the one you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried it because first I will probably need to configure Sonos speakers again and second I thought the apps should work without reinstalling anything. But I will try that just to confirm it.

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener
It fixed somehow itself without me reinstalling anything.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS