Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing/pausing randomly (HTC Desire)

Spotify keeps crashing/pausing randomly (HTC Desire)

Hi!

My setup: HTC Desire (Android) with Spotify Premium version 0.5.1.15

My problem: Spotify keeps crashing and/or pausing randomly. This can happen either after playing 30 seconds of a song, or after playing 30 songs. It happens both in offline and online mode. The program either crashes (forcing me to restart the application) or just pauses (forcing me to hit play), or it "throws me out" of my playlist (forcing me to reenter my playlist and find my song again).

I do not have this problem when I use my account on a PC.

Solution I have tried: I tried to undownload all my songs and then reinstalling Spotify. This did not help.

How do I fix this problem?

Markus.

EDIT:

TEMPLATE

Description

Spotify keeps crashing and/or pausing randomly. This can happen either after playing 30 seconds of a song, or after playing 30 songs. It happens both in offline and online mode. The program either crashes (forcing me to restart the application) or just pauses (forcing me to hit play), or it "throws me out" of my playlist (forcing me to reenter my playlist and find my song again).

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

See above. There are no more detailed description I could give.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Several times.

What I expected to happen

I expect Spotify to work perfectly all the time.

What actually happened

The program keeps crashing.

Device model

HTC Desire

Device’s Operating System

Android version 2.2.2

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No 

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

Not a problem on my desktop.

My mobile provider and country

Telenor, Norway 

My username

Shoshin

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Sorry, no

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

7 Replies

@Shoshin wrote:

Hi!

My setup: HTC Desire (Android) with Spotify Premium version 0.5.1.15

My problem: Spotify keeps crashing and/or pausing randomly. This can happen either after playing 30 seconds of a song, or after playing 30 songs. It happens both in offline and online mode. The program either crashes (forcing me to restart the application) or just pauses (forcing me to hit play), or it "throws me out" of my playlist (forcing me to reenter my playlist and find my song again).

I do not have this problem when I use my account on a PC.

Solution I have tried: I tried to undownload all my songs and then reinstalling Spotify. This did not help.

How do I fix this problem?

Markus.

Hi, Have you tried erasing all data and deleteing the /sdcard/android/data/com.spotify.android.mobile.ui folder?

If no, try that.

If so, a member of staff will probably escalate this soon 🙂

The folder you are referring to is non-existent in my phone. I only have /sdcard/spotify2. This folder (spotify2) is deleted every time I reinstall Spotify.

Inside the spotify2folder there is one folder called Storage, and one called Users.

@Shoshin wrote:

The folder you are referring to is non-existent in my phone. I only have /sdcard/spotify2. This folder (spotify2) is deleted every time I reinstall Spotify.

Inside the spotify2folder there is one folder called Storage, and one called Users.

Must be different then - as I have it.

I assume you have tried uninstalling & reinstalling & clearing all data and cache?

If so, you will want to wait for escalation.

You assume correctly. At least I think so... After uninstalling Spotify I can't find any trace of the program on my SDcard. I also use the spotify-internal "undownload-function" before I uninstall - So all songs should be deleted.

In addition I push the "delete data"-button in the stock uninstaller-program-thingy on Android.

@Shoshin wrote:

You assume correctly. At least I think so... After uninstalling Spotify I can't find any trace of the program on my SDcard. I also use the spotify-internal "undownload-function" before I uninstall - So all songs should be deleted.

In addition I push the "delete data"-button in the stock uninstaller-program-thingy on Android.

Not an Android nerd I take it 😉

I have no idea why it isn't working then. 

See this post, follow the instructions and if they don't work complete the template and post it in the OP, or another topic, and a member of staff will escalte it: Click Me

This is happening to me on my HP computer. I do not have an andriod. After reading this individuals conversation to trouble shoot this problem, is my only solution to erase all data on my spotify account? I never requested HTC Desire 510. Why did this happen and can this be prevented? I have spent over a year creating multiple play lists and collecting music. 

@zaharlequin you're far more likely to get help with your issue if you post in the relevant section of the community.

Suggested posts