Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps pausing and disconnecting from bluetooth

Spotify keeps pausing and disconnecting from bluetooth

Since a few weeks my spotify keeps pausing when my phone is locked. It also keeps disconnecting from bluetooth immediately so i cannot play music in my house. I have cleared the app data and cache and deleted any app that i dont use that might interfere with the spotify app. Im not so fond of the idea of doing a factory reset as I would have to reinstall all my apps and lose my photos. Would really appreciate a solution considering I am paying for the Spotify app.

I use a Samsung GalaxyS8

Spotify version 8.5.27.957 with Android version 

Plan is paid and country is the Netherlands

Thanks!

18 Replies

Hey, @LysanneZ 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Have you already tried a clean reinstallation of the app on your device? Just take a look at this article below to get help about how to do it:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Didn't help me at all

Yep I got the same issue.

Hey, @MattMcB 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Firstly, I recommend that you take a look at this support article and try the tips there in order to fix this issue:

If it doesn't do the trick, we should dig deeper and double-check what exactly is the issue you're experiencing, so could you give me more information about what is happening?

- Tell me your device OS + Version (You can find it on the Settings)
- What's your exactly Spotify version?

If possible, send me some screenshots that could help me to better understand your issue, but be sure you won't share any sensitive information.
Any additional information that you could provide would be very useful.

Keep me in the loop!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Android version 9

Hey again, @MattMcB 

As I've requested on the other post, I need that you provide me some additional details about the issue you're experiencing. If possible, try to clarify these points, please:

1. What is the Bluetooth device you're trying to connect to?
  2. At what point the connection break?
  3. Does it only happen with this one device or any Bluetooth?
  4. Is it happening with other apps besides Spotify?
  5. What have you already tried to make it work?

These pieces of information I'm requesting will help me to better understand your case and give you more relevant tips to try. 

Keep me in the loop!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Trying to connect to mini home Google.Disconnects during screen timeout.Only spotifyNoI have changed the screen timeout to a max 10 minutes. I have uninstalled spotify and reinstalled. I have messed with alot of settings on my phone as well as a few in the spotify app

Alright! Thank you for the information.

Just to know, could you double-check the following support article in order to know if you've tried to connect your Spotify to your Google Home Mini correctly? 

I also recommend that you take a look at your battery settings and check if Spotify is configured to not work on the background. Some Android devices are blocking Spotify to run when you lock the screen or even when you just leave the app, so I recommend that you check it. Take a look at the following: 

1. Go to Settings
  2. Follow to Battery
  3. Tap the three-dot icon at the top 
  4. Choose Battery optimization
  5. Tap the drop-down arrow
  6. Select All apps
  7. Search for Spotify and choose Don't optimize

Note that these steps may vary depending on the model and brand of your smartphone, but if it is Android, you can go around it...

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi, I had exactly the same problem when trying to run Spotify through a Bluetooth speaker, from both web player and Android app on my new Chromebook. I solved this by turning off the Bluetooth speaker, opening Spotify on my Chromebook and then playing music as normal through my Chromebook speakers. When the music was playing I then turned on my Bluetooth speaker, which then paired with my Chromebook and the music then started playing through the Bluetooth speaker.

So turn Spotify on, play music, then turn on Bluetooth speaker 

so I have issue's which popped up within the last month, I have not only Bluetooth dropping from cell galaxy 20s plus to my soundbar, also my bt. Headset, an in my car, I use the USB port to connect the stereo, but it also drops hardwired, and it won't even do bt in car, other then cell will work. Also map's won't come up now on my Kenwood car stereo DD6705s. I have reinstalled Spotify, and still having same issues, an like I said just in the last month, Help

I’ve been having this issue for the past 3 months, can’t listen to a service I am paying for. Very very irritating. The app just closes a minute into the song, any song, in my car and home. I tried reinstalling the app and my phone is up to date.

Hey @Aoe62aoe and @GOrtiz,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and clear the cache. If you have a SD card, you can check it for errors by moving the data to your device's internal memory and removing the SD card. You can also follow the steps below and try installing the Spotify app without a SD card in the phone.

Uninstall the app > turn off the phone > remove the SD card > Turn the phone back on and install Spotify.

If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. Sometimes they can also lead to some issues.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It seems that this is a recurring issue for years now. I start playing Spotify on my macbook, sound coming off from the mac speakers.

I then switch to my google nest via bluetooth, it plays fine 1 or 2 songs and then Spotify defaults back to my mac speaker. I ran tests on youtube videos on google nest and they work fine so issue lies on spotify connectitivy.

(p.s I have a paid spotify account for about 6 years and didn't have this issue on my car's bluetooth. its happening just on google nest)

Hey @edugiansante,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you let us know if you've tried the steps for a clean reinstall suggested above? If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend that you unlink your Spotify account from the Google Home app, unpair the speaker and clean reinstall both apps. You can find the relevant steps for Spotify here. This let's you start afresh by removing any corrupted files and resynchs the connection between the apps.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator

I still have the same issue in 2023, when my listening music in my car. Other apps work perfect. Only spotify randomly stops and when I reopen app, it still won't let me play any music.

Hi there @elkatronas,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done so far and when did this start happening?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I've done:
Cleared cache and data

Reinstalled spotify 

Disabled battery optimization

Even hard (factory) reset my phone

Spotify is up to date for me: 8.7.92.521

Phone: Samsung Galaxy A53 5G (Android 13)

Hey there @elkatronas,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Since this keeps happening after factory resetting the phone, the issue might be with the Bluetooth device itself. If possible can you try streaming to another BT speaker or headphones?

You can also ask a friend/ family member to connect to your BT device and try streaming, to see if they experience the same thing.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts