Spotify keeps pausing songs

Solved!

Spotify keeps pausing songs

Hossigodi
Casual Listener
Hi folks.

When playing streamed songs and or playlists, Spotify randomly pauses so I have to press Play button again and again and again and......
You get the point.
Any suggestions......hmmmmmm.....??
😊

Regards from Ice and Fire
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

If battery saver mode is on, try turning it off. Also try excluding spotify from android's doze:

Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

If you are running a third party battery saver or memory clener, add an exclusion for spotify.

View solution in original post

Solution!

Hossigodi
Casual Listener
Thanks man.

Spotify now Not optimized.
No third party here.....in my phone at least.
Enjoy your....🍻

Husky

View solution in original post

81 Replies

Spotify86
Casual Listener

I play Spotify Premium on three devices - Galaxy S6 Edge, Nexus 7, Yoga 2 Pro. They all have the latest OS versions and up-to-date drivers and what not. Every time I play either downloaded or streamed music on good networks too (4G, Wi-Fi), it just stops playing after two songs or so and pulls up a random song in my starred folder. What is going on here? I have been using Spotify Premium for over 2 years and never had this problem till like a month ago.

I have tried researching on this problem but haven't gotten anywhere. Desperate for a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mojiin

Hipkat
After trying everything and failing to fix the problem i finally fixed the issue.. settings...stroage.....explore.. data..... find spotify. .... clear and deleate all info thats in there.. worked for me👍 yay

grayfilet

I deleated Spotify did a Windows 10 update restarted the Dell laptop reinstalled Spotify and so far it has been working no problems....

BuzzLS
Music Fan

I am using an HTC One M9 running Android 7.0 and none of the settings listed above line up.   I do not have the paid Spotify, and will never do so until this problem is fixed.  I tried reinstalling, but the problem persists.  I did have one possible issue that may be part of the problem - our ISP is Google Fiber, and my Spotify popped up a message (I can't recall if it was before playback stopped) that it had "found Google Chrome." However, under "Devices Available" it indicates that it is "listening on this phone," even though the phone is silent and there is no sound (even though Spotify shows that the song is playing and the sound is turned up).

Can we please get a workable response on this?  I've been listening to Pandora instead of Spotify because of this issue - this does not happen on any of my other media apps, and I will not consider using the paid version of Spotify until this is cleared up.

MikeAsot
Casual Listener
Beyond a joke that this has been allowed to go on so well.

Reset of phone, app itself, power saving options doesn't make a difference. It's a bug within the app itself.

MikeAsot
Casual Listener
Found a resolution for this, at least for me anyway. Been problem free for over 2 weeks.

Completely uninstall spotify fully.
Then follow the link below and delete all offline devices: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/how-do-i-remove-my-offline-devices/

Reinstall spotify, job done.

Since doing this it does not stop randomly, crash or fail to load up which covers most of the problems people post about on here.

Hope it helps other people and spotify take note of this.

BuzzLS
Music Fan

I have an HTC One M9 running Android 7.0.  Reinstallation does NOT solve the problem.

djjohngold
Regular

I seem to get stops when a blutooth headset disconnects (for example because I got out  of reach of the blutooth receiver. In those cases, when back in range, a Spotify restart usually helps to get rid of any "cannot play this song" errors.

Benicko
Casual Listener
I had this issue for a long time at my Sony Z3 and I finally found out what the problem was. YOU NEED TO GET EXCEPTION FOR SPOTIFY APP IN STAMINA MODE. Sinice I did this Spotify works perfectly. Hope it will help you!

Carrotpipe
Regular

Hi - only noticed this problem since the new recent update on Spotify, (anyone else hate the new interface?) plays 2 songs fine then halfway into the 3rd song just stops. Everything else on my Galaxy S5 works fine and plenty of memory space etc.  Did a reinstall last night and still the same this morning - haven't tried a clean install yet but will try later I guess.  Seems there are a variety of suggested fixes but clearly this has to be a spotify bug related to latest update? 

Merr0777
Music Fan
I upgraded to the Moto Z and haven't had an issue. I think it's mainly
Galaxy phones.

SirSoulBrother
Regular

For the record... I have had this issue and it seems to relate to other apps as well. For instance, whenever I get a message on WhatsApp while Spotify is playing on my Galaxy S5, the WhatsApp notification pauses the Spotify song until I click play again. Very annoying. It had been doing that for awhile now but suddenly the music stopped and it wasn't Whatsapp this time. Meh.

Ignimbritas
Casual Listener

I have been using Spotify for the past two months and I have the exact same problem.

A quick google search shows that this is a bug that Spotify has been ignoring(?) for years. 

I won't settle for a 'clean install' since that was my first idea and sadly did not work. 

Spotify: 7.7.0.1179 armV7   (Premium account)

Android: 6.0.1 MXB48T

Devices: Xiaomi Mi5, Xiaomi Redmi note 3. 

Best,

-Ignimbritas

ArtemL
This issue can be caused by power saving tools.
For MIUI powered phones: settings -> battery & performance -> power -> app battery saver -> Spotify -> no restrictions.

hromerozz
Casual Listener

I think you save my life, i was looking this answer since 4 month. thanks bro!

Ignimbritas
Casual Listener
I am still experiencing random stops. It's happening on my pc as well...

Benicko
Casual Listener
Try to set exception for Spotify APP IN Stamina móde settings. It helped me
🙂

Merr0777
Music Fan
I've heard that it is caused by background apps so I tried it in airplane
mode and still had the same issue with my available offline playlists. It's
Spotify

kdelmonte
Casual Listener
This is happening to me as well... 😔 I play the actual music through my Android TV (Sony Bravia) by having the Spotify app installed and manage what's playing with my iPhone via Spotify Connect. Every 3-4 songs, it stops and I have to hit play again which causes Spotify to restart the song somehow. It is impossible to have a Spotify powered party in my house y'all. 😑

I would be happy to link up with a support tech from Spotify for further debugging. Lmk.
SUGGESTED POSTS