Spotify keeps pausing songs

Solved!

Spotify keeps pausing songs

Hossigodi
Casual Listener
Hi folks.

When playing streamed songs and or playlists, Spotify randomly pauses so I have to press Play button again and again and again and......
You get the point.
Any suggestions......hmmmmmm.....??
😊

Regards from Ice and Fire
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

If battery saver mode is on, try turning it off. Also try excluding spotify from android's doze:

Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

If you are running a third party battery saver or memory clener, add an exclusion for spotify.

View solution in original post

Solution!

Hossigodi
Casual Listener
Thanks man.

Spotify now Not optimized.
No third party here.....in my phone at least.
Enjoy your....🍻

Husky

Alex

Hey folks,

For those of you who are still experiencing this issue we'd recommend the following:

• Some Android phones have Battery Optimization enabled by default. This can hinder the performance of apps such as Spotify. This is why we'd suggest disabling it. You can check how to do this for your specific brand of device here.
  • Head over to this Spotify Answer, to learn why your app might be pausing playback and check if any of the suggestions work for you.

Hope you find the info provided helpful. We're always a click away if you need more help or have questions 🙂

81 Replies

LoganWalburn
Turning off power save mode seems to be working for me so far. Thanks!

eDubs80
Casual Listener
Not working for me. I have an IPhone and have tried everything I can think of including speaking with a support rep from Spotify. It happens whether I have earphones or any type of cable plugged in. Not an issue otherwise.

As a test I downloaded Amazon Prime, which my wife has a limited subscription with, and the same issue seems to be occurring, albeit less frequently.

I'm of the opinion this is now more likely a hardware issue with IPhone 6, 10.3.3.

Happy to take any suggestions though.

Alan_flores88
Casual Listener
I found the solution a while ago, and it was because my device was on power saving mode.

eDubs80
Casual Listener
Yeah I saw your reply and I did toggle my iPhone on & off power save mode but to no effect.

It's entirely possible my phone has been damage or there's a hardware issue. It's just odd & frustrating that this isn't a problem when I play music through the regular phone speaker, only when a cord is plugged in. It also doesn't seem to give me issues playing videos online, only Spotify and apparently Amazon Prime as well.

veez27

I have this also and I have a Samsung S8.

So far I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, disabling power save mode, plugging my phone into a power socket ... any other ideas? This is so annoying!

johnj1
Casual Listener

I have an S6 and its happening to me too. None of the above remidies seem to work...

Alan_flores88
Casual Listener
Thank you so much, removing power saving mode seems to have helped a lot.
-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Alex

Hey folks,

For those of you who are still experiencing this issue we'd recommend the following:

• Some Android phones have Battery Optimization enabled by default. This can hinder the performance of apps such as Spotify. This is why we'd suggest disabling it. You can check how to do this for your specific brand of device here.
  • Head over to this Spotify Answer, to learn why your app might be pausing playback and check if any of the suggestions work for you.

Hope you find the info provided helpful. We're always a click away if you need more help or have questions 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

treneem

I have the smwe problem. Spotify keeps pausing and I pay for premium so it irritates me. I tried the method you recommended but it still isnt working.

roadcreeperyogi

Same here. 

dbongard
Music Fan

Same problem here. 

And I reckon this problem started a few Spotify updates ago, because it used to be fine.

Restarting the phone fixes it temporarily, but it always comes back.

Doesn't happen on any other app.

Please fix it.

This is a deal breaker.

Joe
Community Legend

It's not spotify but the power saving features of your phone. What model phone and android version are you using?

Hossigodi
Casual Listener
Of course you are.
What else?
My phone is MOTO G3 3RD EDITION.
If any advise, please share.
And ,,skál''

Joe
Community Legend

And your android version is?

Hossigodi
Casual Listener
6.0 it is
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

If battery saver mode is on, try turning it off. Also try excluding spotify from android's doze:

Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

If you are running a third party battery saver or memory clener, add an exclusion for spotify.

Solution!

Hossigodi
Casual Listener
Thanks man.

Spotify now Not optimized.
No third party here.....in my phone at least.
Enjoy your....🍻

Husky

Joe
Community Legend

Skál 🙂

armachian
Casual Listener

It happens on phone, desktop, laptop, ipad etc.

SUGGESTED POSTS