Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps putting Transformer Prime in offline mode

Solved!

Spotify keeps putting Transformer Prime in offline mode

Hi,

New premium account holder. I have a Transformer Prime tablet. Even with a full wifi network signal Spotify starts in online mode then rapidly keeps moving between offline and online mode...eventually remaining in offline mode. This has happended at several different wifi networks. I have re-downloaded twice with the same result. You tube shows some firewall solutions...but not for the Transformer Prime.

Love the app but not so much if this persists...any possible solutions? Thanks...

51 Replies

Glad that I found this thread before wasting any more tiime.  After several reinstalls it still goes offline and playlist syncs are pending.    I wanted to use Asus Transformer Prime offline for some travel rather than the Ipod.  

ML

Tried installing it from m.spotify. It told me my device (Packard Bell Tablet) was computable. It started syncing then stopped after about 2 minutes. Not happy. The Customer care team don't seem to exist anymore. 

Sorry, but I am really pissed too!

I tried yesterday to install and reinstall Spotify several times (Asus Transformer TF101 with ICS 4.0.3).

And it still sleeps in Offline mode.

Once I fiexed the problem (changed my facebook password) it seems to work. But I don't want to try to re-organize the Offline Playlists. They seem to be a problem.

Today I notices that my other Android devices are in Offline mode either.

PLEASE SUPPORT: Help us, fixing these bugs or I will downgrade to free-user!!!!!

Hey guys, we are still here and listening - don't worry. We just don't have a further update for you at this time I"m afraid.

But you'll see from this thread here that we're aware of things. Bear with us, guys.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Dear Richard!

Thanks for your information!

Hopefully the update will follow soon! Since today all my Spotify installations are not accessible. I have no idea why...

Thanks for the update..Unfortunately Spotify doesn't not stay online long enough for me to sync my playlists to offline (which would essentially be enough for me to keep the premium service)..Canceling my subscription - but will re-up when this is fixed. Please let me know when remedied..The app is outstanding...if it would just work on the Transformer Prime.

I have the same problem on my Transformer Prime (Android 4.0.3) --- tried both spotify version 0.4.12.180 and 0.5.0.972, but spotify seems to sit in offline mode indefinitely. I can't do anything with it. On my HTC Sensation (also Android 4.0.3) with spotify version 0.4.12.180 Spotify runs perfectly. Please Help!!!

(I have the same problem on my Transformer Prime (Android 4.0.3) --- tried both spotify version 0.4.12.180 and 0.5.0.972, but spotify seems to sit in offline mode indefinitely. I can't do anything with it. On my HTC Sensation (also Android 4.0.3) with spotify version 0.4.12.180 Spotify runs perfectly.)

But as long as I do not have any offline list it stays online, so that I can use spotify but I cant have any offline list.

Please Help!!!

@Richard wrote:

Hey guys, we are still here and listening - don't worry. We just don't have a further update for you at this time I"m afraid.

But you'll see from this thread here that we're aware of things. Bear with us, guys.

Richard, it's great that you are here and listening, but isn't it about time for some action?   We're not looking at a week-old issue.  It's been almost 5 months for some of us.  
BTW, it does not make us Android users feel any better when you pimp an iOS upate in your signature. 
ML

Come on Richard!!!! Noone ist listening.

I'm waiting for a solution for more then 7 MONTHS!!!! Can you explain this? no you can't.

**uh-oh** OFF SPOTIFY!

I'm out.

Um? Since the last big update for Android devices the other week, it works for me at least on my Transformer Prime?

I have created a bug thread for this issue:

community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Stuck-in-offline-mode/m-p/316924

I have also linked to a form where you can provide some simple info for our developers.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts