Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps randomly playing music on a device - without being open

Spotify keeps randomly playing music on a device - without being open

Yet another showstopping bug from the stupid cunts at Spotify.

When I try to play Spotify on another device - like my old iPhone - it'll play for a moment then switch to my Android. When I do things with my Android phone - like disconnecting/connecting bluetooth devices - Spotify will suddenly start playing on my phone.

It does this all without the app ever being open (Though, in natural form, Spotify has been the one app that doesn't seem to align 'consent' with 'choosing to open and use the program' - I've had several instances over many years of Spotify playing randomly on my phone without even being open.)

How can I stop yet another **bleep**ing infuriating bug that is seemingly unique to this abortion of a program?

3 Replies

Hey there @swanky-n-spanky

Thanks for reaching out about this. We're sorry to hear that you feel like this and will do our best to help you sort this out. 

We'd first recommend checking this article where you'll find a few tips on how to secure your account.

If you're still experiencing this issue after securing your account, you can get in touch with our Support team here so they can take a better look at your account and continue with the help. 

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So... you're very subtly imply that somebody has hacked my account so they can use it in one of those paid-listening botnet scams?

Isn't that called fraud? You guys should probably look into that.

lol

Hey @swanky-n-spanky,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Based on what you mentioned, there might be an unauthorized access to your account but we can't know for sure. That's why we suggest reaching out to our Support team from the second link that @Novy shared above so they can take a closer look.

We hope this helps. If you need anything else, let us know.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts