Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify lose track of my offline data

Spotify lose track of my offline data

Hi!

I know that I have put a few of my list in offlinemode. But yesterday when I needed them spotify couldn´t find the music, BUT the app is using 17 GB of storage.
Why and how could this be?

Best regards

2 Replies

Nvm!

I found my music again!
Apperently the settings were changed so spotify used device storage instead of the sd card. So when i changed to the sd card my offline playlists were back.

I might do an update if I eventually figures out what triggerd the change. (Probably an update but since all other settings are fine it seems odd, another option is that I removes the sd card a couple of weeks ago.)

I don't believe this has anything to do with it. Since a couple of days ago all of my offline songs have disappeared - on two laptops (one Win 7, one Win 10). It happened a week ago with my phone (WP8.1). As for OP, Spotify is still using hard drive space. 7GB and not a single song offline???

Spotify has f**cked something up big time.

If this continues to happen then I will choose a different service. I loved Spotify when I got it a couple of years ago. Now I cannot rely on it keeping my offline files. I'd be pretty p!ssed if I went on a trip without internet access. Spotify - have you ANY idea how long it takes to make 100 albums offline after your software has eradicated them (yet not free up the hard drive space)?

Oh...why typing this I decided to look at my desktop PC that I haven't used for a week or so. I had lots of songs offline. First thing Spotify did was install an upgrade. And all the offline stuff has now gone.

This is too much.

Spotify - please give a cr@p and at least response to this. (I won't hold my breath.)

Suggested posts