Premium

Country

France

Device

OnePlus5

Operating System

Android 9.0

My Question or Issue

When I play music from my Android device to a wireless speaker via Spotify connect, the media control notification disappears after about 30mins. It's really annoying if I want to pause or skip a song ...

6 Replies

Hi there @mat4444,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you try logging out, restarting your phone, and logging back in? It's also worth restarting your router by unplugging it for a few seconds.

If this doesn't make any difference, can you test this using a different device as a remote to see if this behavior persists? This will help us determine if this is related to the phone or not.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi there @CarlosE,
Thanks for your reply. I tried the suggested troubleshooting steps but it didn't help.
As for the different device, I tried a with an Android tablet and the behavior is similar. The media control notification ends up disappearing after some time (more or less faster).

Hi @mat4444,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, please deactivate them for Spotify. Does that make a difference?

Also, we'd like to make sure if this issue is happening only when you're connected to an external speaker, or if it also happens when you're using your phone's speaker or earphones. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I have disabled all battery optimisation for this app and there is no change.

I am using Spotify mainly with an external speaker, so I will do some more tests with the phone as the playback device. I'll keep you posted.

Sorry for the late reply. I made multiple tests :

The notification does not disappear when I play music on my phone.

However, it randomly disappear when music is played on a Spotify connect device (typically Sonos one speaker). It disappears 30min to 1hour after music is played on this device. 

Hello @mat4444,

We really appreciate the effort you've poured in to troubleshoot and test this on your end.

We weren't able to replicate this with a similar set-up though. Do you get the same issue when you start playback from the Sonos app on your phone?

If you haven't tried this already, we recommend going through a clean reinstall of the app as well as making sure that your Sonos speaker has the latest updates installed.

Thanks - Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts