Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify mobile mutes after two or three songs

Solved!

Spotify mobile mutes after two or three songs

Hi!

I'm using Spotify premium in offline mode on android 4.0.4. After playing two or three songs spotify keeps on playing the current song but mutes. When I pause the song and continue it, the sound comes back.

I tried also playing songs in online mode. But the same mistake occurs.

Does someone have got a solution or any experience in this problem?

Thanks for help

slyver

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, there is workaround 🙂 Just set the Crossfade to 1 sec 🙂

View solution in original post

25 Replies

I have exactly the same issue on my SGS2 with 4.0.4. If you find any solution, please let me know.

Hi. I found the reason for my problem. The problem came up with downloading my last created playlist. So I removed this playlist from my smartphone and then the problem was solved. But I have to abstain from this playlist.

At the moment I try to download the songs of the playlist saving them in a different playlist. But I do not have tested it yet.

Let us know if this worked.

I have this same problem.  I noticed it first on one particular playlist I had created.  But I hadn't downloaded it.  But I have noticed the problem on other music, but unfortunately, i'm usually driving and not paying enough attention obviously to properly troubleshoot. 

This is a very irritating bug in an otherwise brilliant app and music service.  Hopefully I can get my troubles worked out as well.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G.

I tested my suspicion and I found out that some specific titles cause this mistake. 

In my case it's music of "Social Distortion" I put the songs in a different playlist, but the problem still exists.

At last, I removed all songs of Social Distortion from all playlists which I downloaded.

With which songs do you have this problem?

Is there any solution to this problem?
Its very annoying. Problem occurs when listening some radio, playlist or album, usualy it first plays 2 or 3 songs and then next is muted (volume max, but no sound) but playing.
When i click pause/play or next or previous song, sound returns. Then same thing with next song again, no sound.
Im using Sony Xperia V, screen is off when this happens. This started happening about week ago.

I have the same problem for the last 2 weeks now,

the Spotify tech.are trying to solve it???

Same problem here - Spotify mutes songs no matter if you are playng from wifi or the song are downloaded. Any solutions dear Customer support?

Hi, I have the exact same issue as above described. I am using Spotify Premium on a Sony Xperia Z5
Marked as solution

Yes, there is workaround 🙂 Just set the Crossfade to 1 sec 🙂

Hello,

i also have the same problem. I am using Samsung S4mini. Please help! 

I already installed Spotify new and downloaded my Playlists again. But doesn´t work.

Does anybody know how we can add someone responsible from Spotify into the loop?

BR,

Clemens

one Kudo?

Just set it and currently testing if it works. Has anybody else tested that workaround?

Hi. I'm using Android Samsung Galaxy S4. And I had the same problem. When I played Spotify,
1#. It's automatically playing the next song, even I didn't press next or even press repeat.
2#. For the second song it's still playing but there's no sound. If I want to hear it, I have to press pause and play it again. And then I can hear the song, and that is the same for the next songs. I have to do it again and again..
And then I got an Idea....
1#. I Google Spotify APK
2#. Found it. Because the error appears in January 2016. So I downloaded the Beta Version for DECEMBER 2015.
3#. And Iinstall it. But not open yet.
4#. Go to Setting in my Google Play (change update from automatically to MANUAL).
5#. Open the Spotify application and log in with my account. (The Spotify Icon on my phone has the BETA letter on it)
6#. Enjoy the music, download my playlist. And I hope this comment will help you...

Hi,

and if you use the beta from dec. 2015 the error does not occur?

That really scares me, if they really released such a huge bug to all users? I would like some offical statement from a community manager..

BR,

Clemens

Crossfade didnt help, tried 1s and 2s, same problem, plays few songs and then mutes.

Its very annoying, makes me wonder why i should pay for this kind of app that doesnt work.

It realy doesnt supprise me that older version works, i allready run old version on PC because newest doest have EQ which is kind of important for music player.

I tested the workaround and it looks it works now. I just put the crossfade on 1sec.

And i hobe a new update will not kill this workaround.

Thanks for help!

Same problem here.
FYI, Spotify can be reached by email - the address is support@spotify.com

If more people email them, perhaps they will make more effort to fix the problem?
I have emailed them, and Spotify says: 
Thanks for sending those helpful information.
This concern is currently being looked into by our diligent developers. Once we receive news from them, we'll get back to you as soon as possible so you can get back with your music.
In the meantime, let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. We're just an email away.

The workaround (setting crossfade to 1 sec) worked for about two days - now I'm not allowed any crossfade at all. 

I hope this can be solved, as it is VERY annoying... 

Having the same problem too : / The crossfade trick didn't work, been having this issue for about 3 months and it's extremely annoying : (

Hello,

try if it works with offline playlists!

With me the workarond just works with offline playlists. When i´am online i have still the same problem with the fadeaway.

Suggested posts