Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify mobile refuses to download music, after 12 or so tracks.

Solved!

Spotify mobile refuses to download music, after 12 or so tracks.

Hey team.

Firstly can I say I abolutely love your product, I think the ten dollars a month I pay for it is the best investment I make. It is the knees of the bee.

However, lately I have been having a lot of trouble using the spotify app with my new phone, an LG  L5 II. I have done factory resets many times, while erasing the SD card at the same time, followed by installing the app from the play store, and logging in with both my facebook or normal spotify login. I do have the latest version of android, and it hasn't been rooted.

The problem I have is that every time I succesfully reload the app and login, then hit available offline on my liked from radio play list, it will manage to download  about 12 tracks of a playlist 1128 songs long, before saying go online to down load... Which the phone is! It will be happily connected to wifi, along with my laptop the whole time. 

It would be amazing to enjoy music again, any help would be massively appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well I've downlaoded an app called Wifix, which was free, hit the fix auto button, set my phone never to go to sleep in case it turns of wifi during sleep, and that fixed it.. So far any way. We are up to 111 out of 1127 tracks, which is a big improvement over the 20 or so it topped out at before. 

Fingers crossed aye?

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Could you try removing the phone as an offline device on your online account (it may appear more than once remove them all):

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

If you sync again now does it work?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So I deleted every android device, leaving only my windows PC device synced, and that worked long enough to get me excited before it stopped working again lol. 

Also, I've noticed once spotify stops syncing music and says go online to download, nothing else on the phone can access the internet, so updating applications won't update and I will be unable to access youtube for example.

Weird, sounds like more of a phone issue than a Spotify one in that case. When it says go online, does the device vanish from the desktop client too?

Peter

Sure does. 

I guess you are right, it could be something about the phone it self instead of your app.

However if I delete the app, all of a sudden I can access the internet again.

Just to be clear, this phone has 14 gig of spare space.

Also, another strange thing is that when the phone is downlading tracks, the total number of tracks in the paly list jumps around quite a bit. The first time i tried it, it was accurate at 1128, but this time its down to 700 or so tracks, even though it only actually downloaded 20 or so tracks. 

Yeah a total uninstall of the app allows the phone to browse the internet perfectly.

Definitely something weird going on. @Joe any ideas?

Interestingly, I did get something similar last night but I'm not sure if it was caused by Spotify or not. My WiFi network is awful, so my device constantly switches between the mobile network and WiFi to keep the internet service going. With Spotify running, it didn't seem to want to drop to the mobile network when the WiFi stopped working.

Peter

Hey @JonoNZ could yoou try leaving your external SD card out for now and see if things get any better?

Hey thanks for the response.

I think it isn't really spotifys fault, I've removed spotify and my phone still disconnects from wifi about 10 minutes after I turn it on, spotify or not. 

So now I'm looking for solutions as to why my phone keeps disconnecting fromy wifi 10 minutes after restart. 

Thanks for your help though.

Marked as solution

Well I've downlaoded an app called Wifix, which was free, hit the fix auto button, set my phone never to go to sleep in case it turns of wifi during sleep, and that fixed it.. So far any way. We are up to 111 out of 1127 tracks, which is a big improvement over the 20 or so it topped out at before. 

Fingers crossed aye?

Definitely! Let us know how you get on! 🙂

Peter

Yeah so now I have all 1127 tracks synced to my phone and playing nicely 🙂 Which means it wasn't spotify's fault at all, it was my phone losing internet connection independently to spotify. Awesome.

Thanks spotify for your support, I am not sure if this was a case of multiple faults (such as me syncing too many devices and you showing me how to delete some) or not, but it's good to see you guys supporting me to reach a solution. 

Stoked to be able to listen to the pixies at the gym again

Suggested posts