Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify no in the notification bar (Galaxy S10+)

Spotify no in the notification bar (Galaxy S10+)

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello, since the last update, Spotify no longer appears in the notification bar, even though all notification options are enabled (Galaxy S10+ / Android 11). Spotify has already been reinstalled, but the error still exists.

4 Replies

Hey there @tomausbe,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but could you try following the steps in this guide for a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. Make sure to restart your phone before installing the app again.

Also, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization settings enabled for Spotify on your phone.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Many Thanks.  I have already done a clean installation (with memory and cache deletion), the notification settings are all on (see screenshots), but Spotify is not displayed in the status bar (see screenshots).  It was still visible until a few weeks ago, and settings have not been changed since then.

Here the Screenshots... 

Screenshot_20210316-193605_Nova Launcher.jpg
Screenshot_20210316-193325_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210316-193245_Settings.jpg

Hi @tomausbe

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

In this case, we suggest that you enable all permissions for Spotify from your phone's settings. Just head over to Settings > Apps > select Spotify > Permissions > Allow all permissions you can find there.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists using a different account?

Keep us posted!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts