Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not detecting phone

Spotify not detecting phone

Im trying to sync some local files with Spotify on my HTC Wildfire S, but Spotify does not detect it as a Device.

Why is it not detecting it?

Quiet annoying tbh 😞

it is attached to the PC with a USB cabel as well over Wi-Fi.

5 Replies

Hi. It has to be wiring - wont work over USB.
Try installing the preview release - link to Previews at the bottom of this page
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Sync your local files

Once you have imported your own music files into Spottily on your desktop computer, you can use Spotify to listen to all your own music files on your mobile. First, add your tracks to a playlist. Then set that playlist as “Available offline” in your mobile app.

Run Spotify on both your computer and your mobile, and make sure that they are connected to the same wireless network connection. Your music files will sync to Spotify on your mobile directly across your local wireless network.

**Does not work**.

I'm having a problem with my local files on my computer. I'm trying to a play a set of songs I compiled from my computer into my phone. Sync does not seem to be working. I have tried the Quicktime update on my pc. It wasn't always like this... PC > Mobile sync was much faster and effective. It's really starting to irritate me. 

The songs are grayed out and every time I click on one. It shows me to a tutorial on how to sync my mobile device, yet that method is obsolete to this point... Maybe theres a fix to this, or is this something to do with a copy right?

BUMP?... Any solution on this??? I want to listen to music from my PC through my phone. I know can manually add the songs to my phone via USB, but that's not why I'm paying for this software among other reasons.

Sorry auto correct above changed my response. Should have said it has to be wireless.

Should work if your phone is on wifi and on the same network as your pc.

If you haven't already try updating to the preview release as this has solved it for others: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks but the problem still persists.      Evo 4G HTC

Suggested posts