Spotify not downloading to SD card on Android 6.0

Re: Spotify not downloading to SD card on Android 6.0

tfpbl
Casual Listener

Hello, 

This solution worked for me on a Motorola MotoG 3rd Gen phone freshly upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, however it does not seem to work on some brands such as LG/Sony/Samsung (to confirm): 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/page/1/thread-i...

Thomas

Regular

even if you manually move the storage folder to the sd so your songs would be there it doesn't work. It just thinks that your sd doens't exist. Camon, it can't be so difficult, google music works fine but i like more spotify. 1 month and if there's no update google would be my new spotify. I'm not returning here

SteveThaPirate

I can confirm this solution appears to have worked for me also - I have a Moto G 3rd Gen with 6.0 Marshmallow. Thanks for posting the link to the solution - I've spent the whole evening trying to sort this out!

Regular
The solution only works for sone moto devices. As you start trying it on other brands like sony and lg this does not work

arnoud
Music Fan

Same problem here after auto upgrade to android 6.0. Did you already solve it?

JCTOVARS

Hello everyboydy, I had the same problem with my Moto X Play... I tried all the tips posted on other forums, but finally I have done it.

THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME, IS A COMBINATION OF SEVERAL TIPS.

This was the main tip :  http://liliputing.com/2015/10/android-6-0-can-treat-sd-cards-as-internal-storage-at-a-cost.html

1. Enter to the "Applications Menu" on your Configuration icon

2. Look for Spotify

3. Stop the application (I dont know the name of the button in encglish, my menu is in spanish)

4. Clear Data and Cache

5. Uninstall Spotify

6. Connect your phone to your PC/Lap Top and chose the option on your phone to transmit files

7. Enter to the phone internal storage trough your pc/lap top, and look for the "com.spotify.music" file and delete it. You may find it in the Android folder > Data

8. Turn your phone off

9. Extract your SD Card from your phone (you must ensure that you don´t have nothing on your SD, not even use it to install other applications previously, because this procedure imples to format the SD)

10. Format your SD card on your PC/Lap Top

11. Turn your phone ON

12. Insert your SD in your phone, the phone will ask if you’d like to treat the SD Card as PORTABLE STORAGE or as INTERNAL STORAGE, choose PORTABLE STORAGE, VERY IMPORTANT¡¡¡¡ this is the main step.

13. Install spotify, and open it, log in, and then close the application.

14. Again conect your phone to your PC/Lap top or use a file manager on your phone (I used the "ES file manager" application)

15. Look for the "com.spotify.music" folder on you internal device storage and delete it, also look for the "emulated" storage and delete that too.¨* The only "com.spotify.music" file that must survive is the one on your SD card , you may find it in the Android FOlder, within DATA folder.

16. Once you did the previous step, enter again to spotyfy and download one of your play list, a small one.

17. Once it has been downloaded check the content on your SD card (with "ES FIle Manager" or the File manager on your phone or checking the size on your "Storage" option on your phone... if you did it correctly or your phone accepted this procedure you may find the SPOTIFY music files are on your SD Card... and you can start to download all your Playlist.

I hope it can work for you as it did for me... it took me all one day to get to this solution.

Greeting from Mexico

emilymayirwin

the attached link doesn't seem to work just goes to the Homepage of Spotify Community. Would it be possible for you to share the link again?

Thank you 

SUGGESTED POSTS