Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing on my Google Home Mini(s)

Solved!

Spotify not playing on my Google Home Mini(s)

Worked fine up until today. Whenever I ask it to "play music on Spotify". It says "Ok playing music on Spotify" and then nothing happens. It does this on both of my minis. I've rebooted them. Signed out and signed back in on the Home App. Still nothing. Mini's work fine when I use Google Play Music. Any ideas? Thanks

66 Replies

##- I have done that around 5 times nothing -##

Is it an Android or apple device?

##- ? Do you mean my phone or just in general -##

Yes, is it an Android phone or Apple? i am talking about whichever device you used originally to link the spotify account.

Just found this post and glad I did as was turning mad! One day I could listen music on Spotify or TuneIn Radio directly on Google Home mini, the next...nothing works. 

Problem started last week and won't solve despite following all instructions in previous comments in this post....

I initially logged in with Android device and I am in France if that helps.

Any ideas? Pleeeease.... ! 🙂

Okay so on your Android, update the Spotify app if there is no update the make sure your Android is on the latest software update then check if there is an Spotify update after doing all that reboot your Android device, then go to your google home and unlink your Spotify account and then re-link the account. Make sure google home and goggle assistance are up to date as well.
That should fix it. Allow a few minutes after doing all that then try to listen to music. Also make sure volume is up on google speaker and not on silence.

Not working at all. Just continues to say "something wrong happened please try again later" which clearly indicates that the volume is turned on... but meaning that there is definitely an issue with Spotify and TuneIn Radio... Did not read any other thread about this issue on Spotify TuneIn radio or Google... 

Suggested posts