Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing on my phone - PLEASE HELP!

Solved!

Spotify not playing on my phone - PLEASE HELP!

I have a premium account which works fine on my laptop and just last weekend my music stopped playing on my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still nothing. My information and playlists show and it says my song is playing but there is no sound. If I go straight to Pandora I am able to listen to music, so I know it's not the phone. When I go to pick a song I get "this song is not available" and also up top under the shuffle play button there is a "go online to download". I am in offline mode but when I go to online it says "no internet connection available". I am on 4G right now and it also doesn't work when I am connected to the wifi. I have a Droid Bionic ( i think ha), please help! It has been working just fine in both online and offline mode and all of a sudden stopped. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you try logging out/in or reinstalling?

If it doesn't solve your problem, you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares (ENG), @SpotifyAyuda (ESP) or @SpotifyAjuda (PT).

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Marked as solution

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you Daniel!! It worked, even though I have uninstalled and logged out before it didnt work. Maybe the reboot between those steps was the key. Thanks again!

Suggested posts