Sony Xperia 1 II
2012 Toyota Auris 1.33
My Question or Issue
Hi all. When I connect my phone to the car's stereo with bluetooth, the name of the song appears for a brief second at the start of the connection, then vanishes, and remains invisible. This has been an ongoing issue for the past 2-3 years. But if I use any other media player on my phone, the metadata displays on the stereo without any issues.
- Here is a video of the issue happening. I turn the car on, and the phone automatically connects via bluetooth. You can then see the song start to play, but the name disappears. I can scroll through the metadata, but it does not remain on the stereo.
- Meanwhile, here is another song being played using the phone's native music app. You can see the metadata displaying correctly without any issues.
Important note: I am still able to navigate the songs with the steering wheel, even though the names do not appear.
Steps I have already tried to fix the problem:
- I have restarted my device, and my car stereo
- Ensure that I have the most up-to-date version of Spotify (18.104.22.1686)
- Ensure that I have the most up-to-date version of my phone's OS (Android 11)
- Cleared the Spotify cache
- Deleted all Spotify data on the phone, and did a fresh reinstall
- I have all the permissions for Spotify turned "on" in the app settings
- I have tried both car view on, and car view off
- I have tried "Device Broadcast Status" both on, and off
- I have tried connecting via USB, but this is not compatible with my car (see image)
- I have turned on my phone's "developer mode" in the settings, and tried the following:
- Attempted enabling Gabeldorsche
- Tried disabling bluetooth A2DP hardware offload
- Tested all the versions of Bluetooth AVRCP (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
- Tested all versions of Bluetooth MAP (1.2, 1.3, 1.4)
As I had mentioned, this problem has been persisting with me for the last 2-3 years, going back to my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+). Strangely enough, the metadata used to display correctly, until one day this problem happened and hasn't gone away since.
Any information or guidance would be appreciated, thank you.