Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not syncing local tracks to Android.

Solved!

Spotify not syncing local tracks to Android.

I'm currently using the latest version of android on my LG G4, along with spotify on my desktop and phone.  I have recently been having an issue where the offline songs in my playlists on my computer will not sync to my phone the way they used to.  Instead my phone will list the playlist as having been "downloaded" even though the only tracks saved to the hard drive are those that are from the Spotify servers.  I have both devices hooked up to the same wifi, my firewall has exceptions for spotify.exe already, and the 2 devices even connect via the "devices available" option on the desktop client.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK. So it is a communication issue. Here's a list of relevant stuff for you to check. Let me know how you get on.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi there @Lysandren,

I'm here to help!

I did a very step by step construction about "How to sync local files with device" a while ago and give you the link to it now: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Local-files-on-mobile/m-p/1225914#M50333

The thing is...

You actually already pay attention to the important things concerning "Local Files Sync". But hopefully the instruction can still help you out!

In case that all do not work for you, try a complete reinstallation of Spotify on your Desktop and Android! (Official construction)

BUT bear in mind that this will delete all your offline synced tracks, playlists etc... on your device!

If you have any questions or just want to update me, reply here!

Keep It Up!

IIJH

I've tried the re-installation of Spotify and nothing still works. Any other idea?

Could you try creating a small playlist containing just local files and try to sync that. What message displays at the top about the download progress?

Joe, all it says is Downloading. My PC can play them fine. But when my phone sees it, it can't play the songs. As though my pc and phone aren't connected. However, they're both on the same network. 

I assume that it isn't actually downloading any of those tracks. If there are communication issues, it normally says "waiting to download".

Do you have plenty of free storage space on your device?

Have you possibly hit the 3,333 offline song limit?

I also reinstalled and have the same issue as joecosta still. I have a playlist with like 30-40 songs from my computer hdd that just says "downloading" on my phone, while never actually doing anything. Im also nowhere near the 3333 track limit. I have maybe 400 tracks atm, and plenty of room on my phone for music.

Sorry to belabour the point but can you double-check that "waiting to download" doesn't also appear as in this screenshot.

5802.png

That's basically it. Just says waiting to download, but not actually downloading.

Marked as solution

OK. So it is a communication issue. Here's a list of relevant stuff for you to check. Let me know how you get on.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

I turned on "file and printer sharing" for private networks, and it seems to be working now.  I'm not sure how it got turned off in the first place.  Anyway the issue is now resolved.

I cannot stress this enough, make sure your network is set to PRIVATE. Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet, under Change your network settings, click Sharing options. Change from public to private, and that should fix the issue.

Setting the network to private fixed the issue. Thanks!

Suggested posts