Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hello

So I have been using Spotify on my Samsung devices for about 6 months now. I had a Galaxy J7 perx before, and I have always had issues. My issues have been that my Spotify says that I'm offline and won't let me search. Another issue is if i pause my music and then go into another app, after I go back into Spotify, it will not show the song I'm playing, it says the previous song I played and it will not open in my notification page. I am using a Galaxy s9 now and having the same issues. I reinstalledthe app on my old phone and it didn't work. And I have tried reinstalling the app again on my s9 and I am still having the same issues.

16 Replies

Hey @jakob_labbe, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you let us know your Spotify version? If possible, we'd recommend logging into a friend's or family member's account to see if you have the same issue. Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂

I'm having the same issues with browse option staying im offline on my note 8.

I am also having this issue on my Samsung galaxy S9. 

I'm also having those exact issues on my Samsung galaxy S9, I tried this and was still having the same issues, but even the errors are not persistent. I attached my version info. 

20180815_165102.jpg

I'm having the exact same issues on my One Plus 6, as well as music randomly being paused and the notification bar disappearing completely. Version 8.4.66.733 armV7

Hey folks!

Sounds like you're experiencing the same issue as on this thread. As we're currently investigating this, I suggest heading over there with any helpful information.

We'll continue troubleshooting on that thread until a fix is found.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hello! Is it entirely? It's larger than the offline issue. The offline
issue is happening, but also not showing the correct song, closing out
Spotify unexpectedly, and it not appearing in the task bar or the drop down
task.

Hey @Sophocles1,

Could you let us know if you're still experiencing this? We'd be happy to help 🙂 

Yes, so much so that it's unusable. A single song can't make it through. This issue is clearly documented by a ton of Android users across this site. Definitely not worth paying for Spotify anymore it's impossible to use and there has ever been a helpful or serious response from the Spotify dev team  🙂 

Hey @Sophocles1.

That sucks 😞 We recommend you keep an eye on this thread, since there are other Samsung users on there experiencing similar issues. Do leave your vote on their if you haven't already, and hang in there while our tech folks work to resolve the issue.

Best,

P

Except that the issue was never fixed, nor was there ever any useful information on this thread. 

@Peter wrote:

Hey @Sophocles1.

That sucks 😞 We recommend you keep an eye on this thread, since there are other Samsung users on there experiencing similar issues. Do leave your vote on their if you haven't already, and hang in there while our tech folks work to resolve the issue.

Best,

P

Hey @Zymote,

We're still working on this and will get back to the other thread as soon as we have an update 🙂

Same problem here. Galaxy s7

Version 8.4.72.845 armV7

Just a reminder that this isn't a Samsung only issue, I have the exact same issues on my One Plus 6 and have been having the issues for almost 6 months now, very annoying as I pay for the premium services and it barely works properly for 10 minutes a day!

Had a lot of issues on a S9 plus. Loading playlist very slow and songs played like a scratched cd player.

Fixed by removing the sd card and reboot. The very old sd card apparently caused the issue in some way. 

So try removing the memory card and see if it helps.

Hi  , I had the same problem with you, but thank God it's solved. You just need to follow this instruction:

1. Tap on App info on Musixmatch and then choose permission, on the menu ( vertical three dots) tap ok for all permission.
  2. In App info, App that can appear on top, choose on.  
  3. In App info, App that can change system setting, choose on.
  4. Restart your musixmatch and spotify apps.
  5. Good luck 🙂

Suggested posts