Spotify not working on Wifi

Plan

Premium

Device

Oneplus 6

Operating System

Android 9 (Pie)

My Question or Issue

For a while now, spotify isn't working properly when my phone is connected to wifi. When I try to play anything, all songs are grayed-out and I get a message at the bottom saying "No internet connection available". All other apps such as the browser have no problem connecting to the internet, so it's definitely a bug with spotify.

When I switch to mobile data it does work.

When I re-install the app it does work intially but as soon as I disconnect from the wifi and reconnect it stops working again.

I've already tried to find a solution with google, I've tried clearing the cache, re-installing the app and even wiping the cache partition in recovery mode but nothing works. I'm kind of out of ideas at this point.

40 Replies

Hi @Ver,

Spotify version: 8.7.18.1138

Device: Samsung Galaxy M31s

OS version: Android 11

I tried everything that @Eni told me to do nothing works for me. On winodws it works properly with the wifi. However on my android device, it doesn't work with wifi but does work with mobile data. I did a clean reinstall of the app. I tried with other wifi networks too. I checked the network access and data usage for Spotify app everything is turned on. I don't use any ad-blockers or anti-virus softwares on my mobile. But I still face the same issue. Please do provide me a solution for this. Thanks.

Screenshot_20220404-183930_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Dhanushya_Kamalakann,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Could you go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all Apps > Spotify > Mobile data & Wi-Fi? Then you can turn on the Background data, Enable Wi-Fi connection and Enable mobile connection options. Does that help?

Screenshot_20220406-175838415_2.png

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Ver,

Everything is enabled. It is still not working.

Screenshot_20220408-185423_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20220408-185651_Spotify.jpg

I also updated the Spotify app to the newest version 8.7.20.1261
Still not working

Hey @Dhanushya_Kamalakann,

Thanks for your reply.

Could your check if there's any OS update available to install for your phone? Also, we recommend that you follow these steps: 

1. Go to Battery and Device Care. 

2. Tap Memory. 

3. Tap Excluded apps. 

4. Tap +. 

5. Select Spotify as it'll be the app you don't want to be closed/optimized and tap Add. 

Lastly, restart your phone and tell us if the issue persists. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi @Novy,

I have added Spotify to the excluded apps, but still the app won't work on wifi connections.

Screenshot_20220409-220557_Device care.jpg
Screenshot_20220409-220527_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Dhanushya_Kamalakann,

Thanks for trying this. 

We suggest that you install Spotify Lite from the store and tell us how it works.

Additionally, try removing any SD card you're using at the moment, restart the phone and let us know if the issue persists. 

We'll be here standing by. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Kamala,

i am facing the same issues now . did u solved that issue ? how did u solved?

How do we fix the problem in samsung phones since there is only optionn for mobile data but not for WiFi.Please spotify reply to this complaint.

Hey Asher6,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

This issue is usually related to some damaged cache still stored on your device from previous versions. In case you haven't tried yet, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, make sure that the Offline mode is not activated and remove any SD card you could have in your device and try again.

Lastly, to keep investigating the case, include in your next response the model and OS version of your phone, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hey, I'm using Samsung m32 and I've been facing similar problem where Spotify shows 'no internet connection' when I'm on my wifi at home whereas it works perfectly when I'm on any other network.

Hi there @Hav0k,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Just to confirm, have you followed all of the tips that's been provided in this thread?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey, the problem got solved after i talked with my internet provider .

Ask your internet provider to check this issue.

Hey @Hav0k,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again!

We've checked your profile and it looks like you're new to the Community. Have you checked out our Music exchange section? You may find song recommendations there!

Also, if you like you can go ahead and introduce yourself in this thread 🙂

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again!

LyubkaModerator

I am also facing similar issue on my wifi network. I tried all the steps like cache clearing and changing the permissions from my phone. But nothing worked.

Can you share some information regarding the fix done by your wifi provider? So that I can try the same. 

Is it some firmware update on the modem or some configuration change?

I've tried everything mentioned in this thread. In Spotify app the search is not working but I'm able to play songs from my home page, open albums and playlists too.

In case of Spotify lite the search is working perfectly but I couldn't open albums or play any songs.

My phone: Samsung SM-M307F

Operating system: Android 11

Spotify version: 8.7.90.544

Spotify Lite version: 1.9.0.26909

Everything perfectly works in mobile data.

Hey @TheTimeTraveller,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please reach out to your internet provider about this issue as @Hav0k already suggested and let us know the result?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Yes, the issue was with the modem. The broadband service provider have
replaced the modem (gx earth 2022) with a ZTE F670L modem and now the
issue has been resolved.

When I open spotify app settings there isn't teh option of wifi there I don't knw what to do

Suggested posts