Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working properly with Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Active2

Spotify not working properly with Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Active2

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Note 10+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I recently bought the Active 2 and Galaxy Buds. Initially I could control Spotify as intended using the app on the watch or the tap feature on the buds, but not long after what happens now is that I can only start Spotify on my watch and play whichever song was last played but I can't pause it. I have to go to my phone to pause it. Same thing on the buds the single tap play/pause won't work, the tap only works to play if no songs were playing.

And even on my phone the timebar doesn't progress the name of the song doesn't change nor the graphic, the song does change if I select a different song but the song page is frozen and other functions won't work. 

Does anyone have a solution for this? 

3 Replies

I have the same problem. I think the solution is to stop Spotify membership if they don't have a solution. Cause this is very annoying

Same problem here. Removing spotify app and reinstall solves the problem for 1 time. Then again pausing is not possible anymore. So.... reinstall again and again and again 😞

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here on the Community.

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try re-pairing the watch with the phone to check if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts