Family

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy J3

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've been using Spotify in a 2016 Ford Focus SE via Ford's SYNC feature since July of last year without too many problems. It's my fiancee's car, and hers is the primary phone in the car, so it disconnects if I drop her off at work and then reconnects a few blocks later. Annoying, but manageable.

That was until yesterday.

She and I were driving around last evening running errands, listening to Spotify as we went, when suddenly the music just stopped, and SYNC reported that my Bluetooth device had been disconnected.

But here's the thing: it's ONLY spotify. Youtube audio still plays. I can still get phone calls and get alerts for texts. But Spotify refuses to connect. Whenever I try, it'll show the song info and play maybe an eigth of a second of music and then disconnect again. It's extremely frustrating and it only just started last night.

Here's what I've tried to resolve the issue:

• Attempted repeatedly to reconnect the phone via SYNC
  • Removed the device from SYNC and re-added it several times
  • Restarted the phone several times
  • Reset SYNC to defaults three times
  • Master Reset of SYNC in the car twice
  • Removed the battery from my phone and put it back in twice
  • Uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it
  • Installing Spotify on my daughter's phone and trying it on hers (we both have the same Samsung Galaxy phone)
  • Banging my face into the steering wheel
  • Copious amounts of dropping F-bombs and cursing the Gods

Just a bit ago I tried a full out assault on this issue. I uninstalled Spotify, restarted the phone, reinstalled spotify, restarted the phone again, restored SYNC defaults, master SYNC reset, turned the car off and waited for it all to go dark, turned it back on, tried it ... and nothing.

I am at maximum stress with this and I need someone to help me figure it out. I've been searching forums and can't find answers anywhere. And I know Ford will say it's Spotify's fault and Spotify will say it's Ford's fault and everyone is going to pass the buck around, so I just want someone to tell me straight how to fix this. Pretty please?

3 Replies

Ever have any luck? Experiencing exact same issue. 2014 Ford Fiesta and Samsung Galaxy S10+. Started 2 weeks ago. 

I have a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium and I also had a 2010 Ford Escape, and I have/had issues in both with spotify not connecting all of the time with Sync.  I have issues trying to bluetooth spotify to other devices like Google home, a normal bluetooth speaker, etc.  It sounds to me there is an issue somewhere in their software with bluetooth connectivity.  I wish they would fix it so that I don't result going with a different music provider or in having to use an aux cable or usb cable to connect.  I really like Spotify and the selection of music they offer.

Hey there @MrsHareless,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

First off, we'd suggest going through the recommend steps on this support page to get your Bluetooth connection working. If you get stuck, feel free to get back in touch and we'll be happy to lend a helping hand 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts