Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hello i want to know if it's possible that the little circle with lines on it ( The little Spotify notification on the top left ) can stay in the notifications screen permanently as it disappears from time to time on my phone when i pause the music. I'm asking this because the Spotify widget on the homescreen requires this to work properly (it stops from working when the little circle disappears). Thanks !!

I got this reply from the support and i asked if " there is no way to have a widget that works permanently even if i pause the music " ? Anyway thanks 😉

"" Hey there,

Thanks for writing in!

The Spotify icon appears in the notification bar since the app is running. When you pause, it won't display. The widget also may not function properly if you don't have the app open and running. Please keep in mind that the widget is simply a shortcut button for the app.

Kindly reach out for any further assistance,

Best,

Zev ""

Thanks !!

8 Replies

Hey,

welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm happy to assist you!

Usually this happens when Spotify app is forced to close by system or any battery saver apps. Please whitelist Spotify in all these apps and in the system battery saver (I think Samsung is calling it "Device Manager" or such a thing in the installed apps list).

Let me know how it goes! Thanks and have a nice day 🙂

I whitelisted it as you can see here  ( https://imgur.com/a/GoYT7PK ) but it still put it to sleep whenever i press "optimize now". Any workaround ? Thanks  !!

Hey!

This depends on your device. If your manufacturer decided that "Optimize now" overrides the whitelist, there is no other way than not to use this function.

Have a nice evening 🙂

I mean the Spotify icon appears in the notification bar since the app is running but when i pause a music it disappears and then i can't use the Spotify widget. Is this normal ? Thanks !

Hey!

I'm sorry to hear that you still have troubles using the app. Usually, a notification (that can't be dismissed by swiping it to the right or left) is used in order to prevent an app from being closed. So this behaviour confirms my supposition about an energy saver. Could you please tell me what device you are using? Is there any update for the Spotify app?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 (Android Oreo) and Spotify latest version. I only want to know if the little circle with lines on it (notification) can stay permanently on the notification screen because the homescreen widget stops from working when it disappears. Also i put my phone on battery saver but i add Spotify to the "Unmonitored apps". Thanks !

Hey!
Thanks for reaching back to me!

Could you please try to disable any performance optimizer apps like Clean Master temporarily to check if it works?

Merry Christmas to you 🙂

I don't have any performance optimizer apps 😕 . I only use the samsung battery saver but i added Spotify to the unmonitored apps. Thanks !!

Merry christmas to you too !

Suggested posts