Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify notifications won't leave/close/quit

Solved!

Spotify notifications won't leave/close/quit

Plan

Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

Mi Poco X3 Pro

Operating System

Android 11, MIUI 12.5.1

My Question or Issue

As seen on video. Everything is set for spotify to not leave anything on notifications bar, yet it is there and won't let me to get rid of it. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So kinda found a solution for poco x3 pro. Try this if your spotify is locked, then it will dissapear from notifications while not running.

https://www.upload.ee/files/14131627/Screenrecorder-2022-05-11-20-05-49-93.mp4.html 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Same phone, exactly same issue. a system update made spotify like this.

I have the same problem , it bugs me to see that there just occupying space, the only way it leaves is when i restart but as soon as i startspotify again, there she goes again, 

Screenshot_2021-06-05-12-33-08-024_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you try running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, as described here.

After that's done, head over to Notification settings and make sure everything is turned off for Spotify. Also make sure that Battery optimization is switched OFF.

Let us know if that changes anything.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Got it working when needed but whenever I close Spotify it still persists as not playing and taking alot of space. Idk if it's the phones fault or I'm just stoopid 😂 though all notifications are allowed while playing and no background apps are running when it's closed. Hoping if it's solvable or just have to live with this mildly irritating thing. 

Like for effort though reinstall did nothing. Battery optimization is off. Nothing runs in background, when i stop playing and go home it kills itself, enough is allowed to change music on lock screen but still. If anyone else gets it then only thing to do is to wait or live with it. 

I got the same problem except im using Redmi Note 10 Pro 

Screenshot_2021-06-09-14-17-27-526_lockscreen.jpg

Same problem except Im using Redmi Note 10 Pro and its kinda irritating to see.

Screenshot_2021-06-09-14-17-27-526_lockscreen.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

This notification tray can be turned off by going into your phone's app settings, and turning notifications for Spotify OFF. 

On some phones the widget can be resized by dragging inwards with two fingers.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator

Hello,

Are you going to fix it one day? This bug sometimes reappears with some system updates.

Very annoying

I don't want to get rid of the notifications, just this bug 

Mi11lite 5G

Hey @JahPunK,

Thanks for bringing this up.

Could you share some more device setup information with us, so we can try and if possible reproduce the issue on our end? What OS/UI version do you have installed on your phone?

We'd also suggest you to have a look at the solution proposed in this thread. Does it work for you?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Hello,

None of the solution works...

Screenshot_2022-05-11-14-36-13-813_com.termux.jpg

 and on Windows, cmd doesn't regonize "adb sévices" command...

Mui 13.0.4.0

Marked as solution

So kinda found a solution for poco x3 pro. Try this if your spotify is locked, then it will dissapear from notifications while not running.

https://www.upload.ee/files/14131627/Screenrecorder-2022-05-11-20-05-49-93.mp4.html 

Why do support people never address the actual issue but some variant of it?  Are you being deliberately obtuse?  How do we make spotify go away when it's not playing?  Not how do we make it go away for always!! Rtfs!

I'm with dajaganz, why aren't you addressing the problem? Also, why is this even marked as solved? Nothing (except some special edge case) is solved. 

it's incredible the lack of consideration that spotfiy has for its users ... No, the problem is still not solved!! and it seems that you do not care!! as long as we pay our subscription wisely ...

Suggested posts