Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify now playing glitch on Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS)

Spotify now playing glitch on Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS)

Plan

Premium

Devices

Galaxy Watch 4 (SM-R870) and Spotify 8.6.70.1102. Smartphone Poco M3 Pro
Spotify control panel on the watch just froze on one song, pause/change track buttons don't work at all. It shows that it plays song from my phone. I can change song by choosing it from my library on the watch, but song on now playing screen won't change.  I can temporarily fix this by changing device from my phone to PC or this watch but this issue comes back when screen turns off.
Tried clean reinstall on the phone and reinstall on my watch, nothing helps

Screenshot_20211020_180102_music.png
3 Replies

Hi @Mr1Alexander,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We understand you already tried reinstalling the app, in this case we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on both your phone and the watch. This involves deleting the app cache. Check out this guide for the device specific steps. 

If that does not help, the next step would be to do a factory reset on the watch itself. As this will assure that it's running the latest firmware. 

In case it doesn't fix it, please let us know if this issue also happens when you're playing music from the watch without being connected to your phone? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, @MafeG.
After updating my watch and clean reinstall of the app this problem was fixed. But now when i play music on phone, Spotify control panel on the watch after playing or skipping a few tracks freezes on one song. Pause/change track buttons now work but song on the widget stays the same.
Sometimes when this glitch happens buttons won't work.

Force stop app on the phone sometimes fixes this issue temporarily, but it will appear again after some amount of songs have been played.
UPDATE: Glitch, mentioned in 1st post happened again (when i can't control music from the watch) and when i change device to the PC or watch it will work but after screen timeout it will show again glitched song and a mobile device as output. Changing to the PC or watch again will fix this until another screen timeout. Force stopping on the phone and watch won't fix this issue. Restarting watch will help for a short period of time.

Hi there @Mr1Alexander,

Thank you for your reply and update.

There are other things we can try here. First, we'd like to confirm if this is possibly related to your account. In this case can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

If the issue persists, please let us know if this issue also happens when you're streaming music directly from your watch without being connected to your phone.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts