Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify now thinks I am in the US, and won't let me change my country...

Spotify now thinks I am in the US, and won't let me change my country...

OK

So I tried to log in to Spotify, but each time it would log in for a split second, tell me I was offline (I wasn't), and then log back out. After reading a post on troubleshooting, I cleared the cache and data for the app. I then tried to log in again. This time, Spotify tries to tell me I am in a different country. A quick look at my profile tells me that I am supposedly in the USA, with a zip code of 12345, when I am actually in Perth, WA. The website will not let me change my country, and I cannot use Spotify at the moment at all.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thomas Filmer
3 Replies

Hello @spyb0y1, welcome to the community!

Are you behind any proxies or any VPN? You can also request a manual country change from the contact page here, if you get an automated reply, just reply directly to that email (even if it is a no-reply).  

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I am behind some sort of VPN( or something similar), I think it is to make my IP address American.... For Netflix or something like that. Is there anything I can do to make Spotify realise I am in Australia?

@spyb0y1 wrote:
I am behind some sort of VPN( or something similar), I think it is to make my IP address American.... For Netflix or something like that. Is there anything I can do to make Spotify realise I am in Australia?

Turn the vpn off. Else all your traffic is going through it. 

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts