Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

As of recently Spotify is offline till a network change. Happens on my phone and my wife's phone (Galaxy s8) 

We stream Spotify in the car, sometimes it starts playing once we leave our WiFi. 

If I'm out, Spotify starts playing as I reverse down the driveway. 

Killing the app and reopening it resolved it. But I shouldn't need to kill it just to have it work. 

3 Replies

Hey @modcar,

Thanks for reaching out! And for mentioning that restarting the app fixes it. 

Have you tried a clean reinstall? It helps fix a number of issues that prevent the app from functioning properly. 

You can also take a look at the Check the Connection section in this article.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Seems mighty strange it happened on 2 devices around the time of the last update

If Spotify is going to stuff up like this upon update, it might be time to look for an alternative

Hey @modcar,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You're right, that is odd indeed, but we're not aware of any widespread issues similar to the one you're describing. With that in mind, we'll be happy to continue to help you troubleshoot your individual issues.

First off, do you mind confirming that performing a clean reinstall using the steps that @Petya suggested doesn't solve the issue for either of you?

If not, then we'd like to know a bit more about the issue. It would be really useful if you could provide us with the exact steps that are causing it. That way we'll have a better idea of exactly what's happening on your end and we'll be able to provide the relevant troubleshooting steps.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts