Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Android 8.1 not recognizing inline remote controls (next track and previous track)

Spotify on Android 8.1 not recognizing inline remote controls (next track and previous track)

Hey all,

So I'm on a Pixel 2 XL, Android 8.1, using the 1More Triple Driver earphones. Spotify will NOT recognize the double click for next track and triple click for previous track functions. However, Google Play Music recognizes these commands flawlessly. I am plugged in using the USB-C dongle that came with the phone.

I've also attached the 1More's to an Airlink BT adapter connected to the Pixel 2 XL and the double click for next track works (this adapter does not support triple click for previous track) on both Google Play Music and Spotify.

The inconsistency here makes it hard to figure out a fix. Anybody have any ideas?

2 Replies

I have the same issue with Android 8.1 on the Essential PH-1. 

None of the solutions in the forum have worked (reinstalling, clearing data, turning off battery optimization) .

Triple click to go to previous track doesn't work with Spotify on Android anyways. Triple click skips two songs instead (which is dumb).

Suggested posts