Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I have been using Spotify inside Android Auto for months, directly via the display of my phone (not connected to the car).

Recently, I got a new car, and started using Android Auto, connected to the USB interface of the car and using it on the display integrated in the car. It works quite good, but I realized that sometimes, on song transition, there are glitches. You can often hear it on songs that start immediately with some kind of drum hit or so, it's just missing. I would guess it's about 300 ms of the start of the song that are missing.

Unfortunately, this behaviour is not 100% reproducable. For example, when I realize the glitch on a song transition and skip one song back to re-listen, then it often plays everything completely without a glitch.

I don't think that this is a problem with Android Auto, the car, or the cable, because when I try to play music via GoneMad Music Player, everything works without glitches, as far as my observations go.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone else have this issue and is there maybe a solution? Maybe downloading the songs could help, I don't know. I will try it and report my observations.

0 Replies

Suggested posts